Last updated on September 29, 2016
- What personal and other information may be collected
- What gameplay information we may collect
- Special Notes Regarding Certain Information, Including Public Information, Resumes, Investor Relations, Email Correspondence, and Member Names/Gaming Console IDs
- The consequences, if any, resulting from your refusal to provide personal information
- Who, if anyone, is collecting your personal information and how it will be used
- With whom, if anyone, your personal information will be shared
- What choices you have with regard to the use of your personal information
- Links to other parties
- Whether personal information is collected from Children under 13
- How we protect your information
- Your California Privacy Rights.
- Where information is stored
- What other Company terms apply
- What other third-party terms apply
- How to ask questions or file a complaint
We also use third parties for various services related to the Online Services, including customer support, technical support, contest data collection, and email fulfillment. When you enter a contest or sign up to receive a newsletter, we may share your personal information as necessary for third parties to provide services on our behalf. These third parties are not permitted to use such information for their own marketing purposes.
You may choose to voluntarily provide us with various personal information and non-personal information through your use of the Online Services. We also may use "cookies" and other passive technologies including clear gifs to collect certain non-personal information from you in connection with your use of the Online Services, such as the pages you visit and the features you use. Our cookies are linked to personal information.
Personal information is information that identifies you and that may be used to contact you online or offline. The Company collects personal information from you on a voluntary basis. When you submit personal information to the Company, it will usually take the form of:
- Registration for Online Services, websites, jobs, products, contests, and special events;
- Subscribing to newsletters or alerts;
- Posting in or commenting on our message boards, forums, news blogs, chat rooms, or other Online Services;
- Purchasing a product or services through our online stores;
- Purchasing DLC, virtual items, or virtual currency for use with our software and/or Online Services;
- Using "tell a friend," "email this page," or other E-Card features;
- Requesting technical support;
- Downloading demos, programs, or other software;
- Participating in polls, surveys, and questionnaires; or
- Otherwise through use of our software, including console products, mobile products, and personal computer products, and through the use of our online products or Online Services where personal information is required for use and/or participation.
The types of information collected in connection with the activities listed above will vary depending on the activity. The information we collect may include personal information such as your first and/or last name, e-mail address, phone number, photo, mailing address, or payment information. In addition, we may collect demographic and non-personal information about you or your systems, such as your age, gender, date of birth, zip code, hardware configuration, console ID, software products played, survey data, purchases, IP address and the systems you have played on. If such information is collected for an activity that also requires personal information, we may combine the information with your personal information. Prize winners may be required to provide additional information for prize fulfillment.
If you use, purchase, or register for an Online Service through a third-party service such as a gaming console's network service, an internet based gaming service, or a social network website, or request that we associate a Company account with a third-party service account, then limited user account personal information may be transferred to the Company as part of the registration process and we may be able to collect information about your use of the Online Services. For example, if you purchase virtual currency through a gaming console service, that gaming console service will provide us with information to effectuate the transaction, including the amount of virtual currency purchased and a means to identify your Online Service account.
When you use Facebook Connect, OpenID or another multisite ID to log in to an Online Service, those ID services will authenticate your identity and provide you the option to share certain personal information with us to pre-populate our sign up form. Depending on your account settings, multisite IDs may also provide other information to us. Please check the terms of those services before using them to log into an Online Service. When you play certain software products published by the Company, information about your gameplay may be collected and transmitted to the Company through network services or any other internet connection method used by the hardware on which you play such games (collectively and individually your "Internet Connection"). See "What Gameplay Information Does the Company Collect?" below for further details.
Member Names & IDs/Gaming Consoles/Social Network Services/Other Third-Party Services: Certain Online Services offered by the Company, including multiplayer gaming and specialized websites, use third-party services to (i) provide authentication for Online Services; or (ii) associate a Company service account with a third-party account such as a Gaming Console ID, Gaming Network Service account, or Social Network Service account. When you use a third-party authentication service or link your Company account with a third-party account, you will be asked to provide account information associated with that third-party account. Certain membership information may be transferred automatically to the Company when you register to join an Online Service from a third-party gaming network system or link your Online Service membership with a third-party service, such as your friend’s list on that gaming network or social network service.
Public Information Including Message Boards, User Generated Content, Forums, News Blogs, Comments, User Profiles and Chat Rooms: Whenever you give out personal information in public areas such as on a message board, chat room, comment field, or profile page, that information can be collected and used by other people. Information that you disclose in any of these forums is public information, and there is no expectation of privacy or confidentiality there. You should be aware that any personal information you submit in the course of these public activities can be read, collected, or used by other users of these forums, and could be used to send you unsolicited messages or identify you. If you post a video, image, photo, or other content through an Online Service for public view, you should be aware that these may be viewed, collected, copied, and/or used by other users without your consent. If your screen name or an ID contains your real name, then that name will be made publicly available on leaderboards and elsewhere. Therefore, you are strongly encouraged not to disclose personal information while using our services or use personal information to identify yourself while using our services. We are not responsible for any public information or content you post using our Online Services.
E-mail Correspondence: We may provide e-mail addresses or forms to which visitors can send us questions or comments, or which visitors can use to request customer support. In the process of receiving and responding to such requests, we may collect personal information about you, such as your e-mail address or any other personal data contained in the body of your e-mail message. By allowing you to send us these requests, we are not attempting to solicit personal information from you. We only use the information for the purpose of responding to your questions and/or comments or to provide customer support. In most cases, your message is deleted immediately after we've resolved your inquiry; however, in some instances, copies of your requests may be kept on file for our records, for quality control purposes, or to provide ongoing support services you have requested. If we have actual knowledge that the person with whom we're communicating is a child under the age of thirteen, we delete the child's e-mail address and message immediately after responding.
In addition to responding to your email correspondence and sending you information you have requested via our email lists, we send activation emails and other transactional emails to your e-mail address as necessary. You may not opt out of these communications, which are not promotional in nature. If you do not wish to receive them, you have the option to deactivate your account.
Your refusal to submit personal information may limit your ability to participate in some activities, such as sweepstakes or the use of certain Online Services. However, as described above, regardless of registration we may nonetheless publish gameplay boards and multiplayer match records that contain certain information as a result of your use of the products, such as your player ID.
- Cookies: A "cookie" is a small bit of record-keeping information that websites often store on a user's computer. Our cookies do not include people's names, e-mail addresses, or other personal information; they are typically used to quickly identify a user's computer, browser, or device and to "remember" things about prior visits (such as the user's use of various features on the service). You can disable cookies or set your browser to alert you when cookies are being sent to your computer; however, disabling cookies may affect your ability to use certain Online Services.
- Flash Cookies: We may also use flash cookies, also known as "shared objects," on our sites that employ Flash technology. Flash cookies are small files similar to browser cookies and are used to remember the site's settings to personalize the look and feel of the site. Flash cookies only collect data in the aggregate. Like normal cookies, Flash cookies are represented as small software files, do not include people's names, e-mail addresses, or other personal information, and are not tied to your personal information. You can clear flash cookies already on your device by setting the Flash local storage setting to zero. You may also prevent Flash cookies from being placed by adjusting your preferences in the Macromedia Website Privacy Settings Panel at www.macromedia.com.
- Web Beacons: A "web beacon" is an electronic image that allows websites to count users who have visited certain pages or viewed certain advertisements. Web beacons, like cookies, do not include personal information.
- Internet Log Files: The Company may also keep track of IP addresses used to access its Online Services for various reasons. An IP address is a number that is used by a networked device and will identify your point of connection to the internet. Depending on your network configuration, it may also identify your computer, or other device. A MAC address or other device ID identifies one specific piece of hardware. These log files are tied to your personal information in certain circumstances, such as if you have linked your console user account to Online Service accounts offered by the Company.
- Analytic Metrics Tools and Other Technologies: Other information that may be passively collected by the Company includes log files that record information about your hardware, product use, service use, or website use, including website navigation and game telemetry activity. We also use these log file entries for our internal marketing, service design, technical support, and demographic studies, so we can constantly improve the Online Services we provide you.
Additional information about individual opt-out programs is available on the World Privacy Forum website at http://www.worldprivacyforum.org. In addition to visiting the websites of each of the vendors listed above, you may opt out of certain targeted advertising by multiple third-party advertising networks at one time if they belong to the Network Advertising Initiative or the Digital Advertising Alliance. Visit the Network Advertising Initiative's website at http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp to select the applicable networks.
Your participation in tournaments or other online game events is conditional upon our collection, use, storage, transmission and public display of statistical data (such as your scores, rankings, and achievements) generated through your participation.
Users of certain Online Services, such as the Rockstar Games Social Club, may be automatically entered into contests as a result of their membership and/or use of certain services. Check www.rockstargames.com/socialclub/events frequently for details regarding contests.
Online gaming and Social Networking Services are by their very nature open communities where gameplay information including user name, game activity, and leaderboard rankings are publicly posted for other people to see. Therefore, the Company will automatically post certain information, such as your Screen Name or ID and gameplay statistics, within the game, on Social Networking Services, on Online Services, or on specialized game websites. However, we will not post information that we know directly and clearly identifies you (such as your real name or email address) unless you provide that information voluntarily for such use. As with other gameplay information services, your gameplay, leaderboards, and multiplayer match information may appear nested in our games or third-party webpages via frames or widgets.
We may match and/or combine information collected in connection with various Online Services and display it publicly, including on our websites, in our games, or in multiplayer game lobbies. For example, if you associate your Company website account with a game console account, your in-game achievements may be displayed combining your website account name with your in-game achievements.
From time to time, the Company may employ vendors to perform services on the Company's behalf. These vendors provide internal support to the Company by operating some of the services we provide you such as contest entry collection and email services. Although these vendors, not the Company, may collect, use, or maintain the information in connection with the Online Services, the Company still requires that they adhere to the Company's stated privacy policies and that they not share your personal information with third parties or use the information for their own marketing purposes.
We may share your personal information with third parties in connection with an investigation of fraud, intellectual property infringements, or other activity that is illegal or may expose you or us to legal liability, including as required by law enforcement or other government officials. We also may share your personal information with third parties when we have reason to believe that a disclosure is necessary to address potential or actual injury or interference with our rights, property, operations, users, or others who may be harmed or may suffer loss or damage, or when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, investigate, or enforce our terms and conditions, combat fraud and/or comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served on the Company. In addition, your personal information may be disclosed to a potential or actual successor or assign in connection with a proposed or consummated merger, acquisition, reorganization, bankruptcy, or other similar event involving all or a portion of the Company, the Company's customer information may be transferred to our successor or assign.
If you are a member of an Online Service, you may use that service’s account and privacy settings to personalize the collection, use and/or display of your data via that service.
If you do not want to receive certain communications such as newsletters or promotional offers, you may decline consent at the time your personal information is collected or later opt-out by using the methods listed below. In addition to the methods below, along with every communication sent to you, the Company gives you the opportunity to discontinue receiving future communications.
If for any reason you wish to unsubscribe to Rockstar Games mailing lists please log in to manage your account or use the unsubscribe links at the bottom of any Rockstar Games email message. To delete your Rockstar Games account, sign into your Social Club account, go to https://socialclub.rockstargames.com/profile/requestdeleteaccount.html, and follow the instructions on the page. If you are unable to log in to Social Club or you do not have access to your account, please email deleteaccount@RockstarGames.com from the same email account you used to join Social Club, include your Social Club nickname in the message and include “Delete Account” in the subject field.
If you do not want your gameplay information to publicly appear via the Rockstar Games Social Club, then you should contact support at https://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/requests/new and submit a request to mask your user ID and opt out of our gameplay information services. Please note that, even if you opt out of participation in the Social Club, your gameplay information may still appear on certain gameplay boards including those hosted by third parties such as console manufacturers (including copies of those boards hosted on the Social Club) and the Company will continue to collect and store information regarding your usage of its games for internal purposes.
Data Retention: We will retain your personal information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your personal information to provide you services contact us as described above under "How You Can Control the Collection, Use, and/or Display of Data or Review Your Data." If your account is inactive for a period time it may be deleted. If information is changed or deleted, we may still retain some of your information in our files to resolve disputes, enforce our user agreement, administer our services, comply with technical and legal requirements, and/or other constraints related to the security, integrity, and operation of our Online Services.
In all cases for all Online Services, we will respond to your request for access to update, delete, or correct inaccuracies to your personal information within 30 days.
The Company does not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13 years old. If we become aware that a child under 13 has submitted information to the Company, we delete this information immediately. We encourage parents to instruct their children to never give out their real names, addresses, or phone numbers, without permission, when using the Internet.
To protect your personal information, the Company follows generally accepted industry standards and maintains reasonable safeguards to attempt to ensure the security, integrity, and privacy of the information you have provided. The Company has security measures in place designed to protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control. Personal information collected by the Company is stored in secure operating environments that are not available to the public (e.g., locked rooms). To prevent unauthorized electronic access to personal information, the Company maintains information collected online behind a firewall-protected server and uses SSL encryption for purchases made through our online store. However, no system can be 100% secure and human errors occur, so there is the possibility that there could be unauthorized access to your information. By using our services, you assume this risk.
Take Two Interactive
New York, New York 10012
All information collected or received by the Company in connection with the Online Services is collected in, processed in, or transferred to the United States of America and other countries. While your information is in another jurisdiction, it may be accessed by the courts, law enforcement, and national security authorities pursuant to the laws of those jurisdictions. By using our services, you expressly consent to such collection, transfer, and processing. Backup data, matchmaking data, and administrative data may also be stored on media or servers located in the United States of America and other countries.
You may be able to sign up for or access the Online Services through third-party platforms such as gaming consoles, mobile devices, other websites and social networking services. When you submit personal information to the Company via a third-party platform, your use of that platform is also governed by its terms of service, privacy policies and/or code of conduct. Please review each company's governing policies before using their services.