Update: The event has ended, but Triple XP stays on through the weekend and until Monday morning. Thanks to everyone that joined in for the multiplayer event, whether playing, chatting, watching or just stopping by to enter the sweepstakes.
The new fall calendar of Social Club Multiplayer Events kicks off this week with four days of Triple XP in Red Dead Redemption, beginning with a multiplayer event on Thursday September 13th from 11am-2pm EST / 4-7pm BST on both PSN and Xbox LIVE, just days after our latest bonus XP weekend for Max Payne 3. Triple XP will be active in Red Dead for both consoles from Thursday through the entire weekend, and during the event you'll be able to play with us no matter which version of the game you own (whenever we’re playing a mode that you have), including those with the Undead Nightmare disc.
View all the action via one of our two video streams and chat with other Social Club members on the Social Club multiplayer events page. While there, take about 20 seconds to enter your details for your chance to win one of five deluxe prize packs including a shirt from the new Rockstar tee collection, Red Dead playing cards, Red Dead stickers and some of the new Rockstar stickers. And on top of all that, we'll have a third video stream with another chatroom on our Twitch page. Lots of ways to get in on the action, whether you can or can't join us in-game.
OFFICIAL ROCKSTAR IDs
- RedDeadDev3 (Xbox 360)
- RedDeadDev4 (PS3)
- RedDeadDev5 (Xbox 360)
- RedDeadDev6 (PS3)
We'll invite players during the event, but please keep in mind that we might not necessarily be able to get you in right at the beginning. Loads of players attempt to send over friend requests and messages, and we give priority to those asking nicely in the chat or on the comments. Anyone constantly spamming the chat or comments probably won't find an invite in their messages.
PLAYING WITH FRIENDS
While waiting to get an invite, we encourage everyone to play with friends. To start the game, invite your friends and form a posse, follow these steps:
- From the main menu, choose to enter multiplayer, and choose a difficulty.
- Once in a Free Roam lobby, press the 'Select' or 'Back' button to open the in-game multiplayer menu.
- Press 'R1' or 'RB' and then the 'Triangle' or 'Y' button to 'Show Friends'. Invite at least one friend into your posse using the 'X' or 'A' button.
- Once your friends are in the game, press the 'Triangle' or 'Y' button again to return to the 'Players' menu and select them with the 'X' or 'A' button to 'Propose New Posse' or 'Send Posse Invite'.
- Once you and your friends are ready to go, have fun in Free Roam or head into one of the many multiplayer modes.
- Alternatively, you can watch the video streams and attempt to follow us into different public modes. Hope to see everyone in-game on Thursday!
If you're looking for even more chances to play multiplayer with us, be sure to check out upcoming events on the calendar, and follow us on our Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and Steam pages. We usually hop on at least once or twice a week to play...
Recapping the July 27th Red Dead Redemption PSN Social Club Multiplayer Event
Red Dead Redemption PSN Social Club Multiplayer Event Recap Featuring Contest Winners and Fan Videos
Recapping the March 23rd Red Dead Redemption GOTY Xbox LIVE Social Club Multiplayer Event