Join us today at 4PM Eastern (9PM BST / 1PM Pacific) here and on the official Rockstar Twitch channel for a special Flashback Friday edition of our GTA Online official livestreams series - where we'll be shooting and racing our way through Jobs from this week's GTA Throwback Jobs article featured here at the Newswire.
Rockstar Devs will be playing along with members of the GTA community and we've invited some of the very Creators who made these creative Jobs inspired by classic GTA games and missions to come play along with us and join us on Skype to talk about their creations.
Make sure you follow us on Twitch and Twitter to get notified the moment we go live and also for info on future livestreams. You can look forward to some great episodes in the near future with artists from the GTAV soundtrack and other special guests.
Recently, we announced the first batch of officially Rockstar Verified player-made Jobs - and your amazing Deathmatch and Race creations continue to impress, adding on to the over one million Jobs currently available to play.
For those looking for more great ones to give a whirl over this holiday season, here are some more player favorites that have been making noise out there so far garnering grassroots attention via YouTube, Reddit and other places by virtue of their creativity and sheer fun.
We'll have more Rockstar Verified user-made Creator Jobs to announce soon. In the meantime, please feel free to share in the Comments section any of your personal favorite Jobs or ones you are particularly proud of that you've made yourself that you'd like others to give a try.
Jump the Lake by Gaming Delimited
Reminiscent of a Japanese game show, members of the The Last Rising Crew use the concept of skipping stones across the water to create some semi-aquatic motorbike madness with a series of ramps and a fleet of motorcycles. Watch the hilarity unfold in the video above and play the Job for yourself if you're up for the challenge.
Busted (Rancho) & Busted (Police Station) by RatchetAU
Finding new and creative ways to have fun in Free Mode was a big part of the GTAIV online experience, and Redditor RatchetAU is now using the Creator to bring custom Busted and Demo Derby matches to GTA Online. Ratchet's even provided a handy guide on Reddit explaining how to create your own.
Laguna Seca Remake by GTAVDriver
Based on California's legendary Laguna Seca Raceway, this one's also gotten a lot of attention on Reddit. We applaud GTAVDriver's attention to detail in recreating this famous circuit, right down to the rally style wall-tyres that demarcate its epic twists and turns.
Fort Zancudo Race & Spyhunter V1 by rechyyy
Catch-me-if-you-can daredevil rechyyy (aka clayman90 on YouTube) has pulled off some incredibly well-timed and expertly evasive GTAV police chases in the past. Now, with the help of the GTA Online Creators, he's calling all the shots with well-placed ramps and power-ups in a GTA style race, that leaves even the toughest hot-pursuit lawmen coming up short. He's also taken it a step further with a nostalgic nod to the classic arcade shooter Spy Hunter.
Meet Your Match
We are humbled and overwhelmed by the response to Grand Theft Auto V – literally overwhelmed in the case of some of our servers! We sincerely hope you're enjoying your visit to Los Santos and we know many of you have plenty of questions about Grand Theft Auto Online. First, we thought it would be useful to provide some details of the roll out of GTA Online, and how we hope you will be involved in making the game everything it can be.
- Grand Theft Auto Online is going to be something brand new for us: a fully realized and living world for multiple players that will continue to grow and take shape over time.
- The ultimate shape of GTA Online will be determined as much by you, the player, as by the work we put in. What you like and don’t like, what you play and what you want will determine how the game develops and what it turns into.
- Everything we do will be informed by feedback from you all – from the types of missions that roll out to all kinds of future content.
- We are planning for a constant stream of new content, tweaks and updates in the weeks and months ahead.
- The first couple of weeks we expect to be heavily focused on tuning the experience as it goes from internal testing to the reality of being played by tons of people in the real world so that all the usual teething problems for an online game are overcome. We hope it will all run incredibly smoothly, but please bear with us if it doesn't, and help us fix any and all problems!
- After that, we will begin releasing content updates and giving you the opportunity to make your own content.
GTA Community Feedback Needed from Day One
This is vital for the ongoing success of the game. The first few months of Grand Theft Auto Online will be critical as everyone enters this dynamic new world for the first time. Plenty of issues are bound to occur. Remember this interesting character?
One thing we are already aware of, and are trying to alleviate as fast as we can, is the unanticipated additional pressure on the servers due to a significantly higher number of players than we were anticipating at this point – we are working around the clock to buy and add more servers, but this increased scale is only going to make the first few days even more temperamental than such things usually are. This is part of the problem some of you have been experiencing with the iFruit App and some Social Club services – we apologize in advance for this and thank you for your patience in this area.
More than ever, we need your help to report your experiences, findings, likes, loves, dislikes and hates – and we will be looking at your feedback constantly to tune the game into its optimal shape and help guide how Grand Theft Auto Online will grow and evolve past this initial period. We will be checking out how people are playing and what they are not playing or not enjoying, while also monitoring feedback via two other new Rockstar channels:
- GTAOnline@rockstargames.com: This email address will be active from launch day as a place to send your input and feedback direct to us relating to the game.
- GTA Online Forums at Social Club: At some point this fall after the initial release of GTA Online, we are planning to launch Social Club Forums where players can chat with one another about their online experiences as well as access a GTA Online Suggestion board to post about any suggested features, tweaks and changes you want to see.
Here’s a rough overview of what you can expect on day one as well as initial details about how the GTA Online world will evolve from there.
The Launch of Grand Theft Auto Online:
From launch, up to 16 players can enter the world together to partake in everything from:
- Open-World Crime and Chaos: Go on your own or round up your friends to explore the open world together – catch a movie, go mountain biking, hit the shooting range and much more. Want to test the law? Knock over a convenience store, take down a gang or rob an armored truck for easy cash and Reputation.
- Jobs: Los Santos and Blaine County are ripe with opportunity for the ambitious and criminal minded. Take on Missions and an array of other Jobs as a lone wolf, team up with your Crew or join fellow mercenaries and degenerates to pull off a wide range of robberies and illicit activities together.
- Races: Everything from classic street competition and off-road tracks to boat racing on the open ocean, or take to the skies in aerial events. Jump into the madness of a GTA Race, or try out a brand new race type, Rally, where driver and co-pilot work together to navigate treacherous courses at high speeds.
- Sports: Join your friends / any random stranger for a game of tennis, a round of golf or go base jumping and more, all for cash and Reputation.
- Customization: Create your character using the Character Creator – then earn some cash and spend it getting dressed for success. You can also collect and customize cars for your garage and personalize your full weapons cache.
- Reputation and Cash Flow: Reputation is earned from all your online exploits in everything you do in GTA Online – and will help you rank up, providing access to new features, weapons and criminal contacts. Spend cash you’ve gained on cars, clothes, guns, properties and much more. You can either quickly accumulate cash through profitable activities like knocking over armored cars, winning street races, doing stick-ups or a host of other cash-making endeavors – or if you’re the completely instant gratification type, you can choose to buy denominations of GTA$. You will have the option to purchase GTA$ through the in-game Store. The game and its economy have been designed and balanced for the vast majority of players who will not buy extra cash. There is no in-game paywall and nothing that should disrupt the balance of the game. You don’t have to spend real money to attain the cars, guns, clothes, flash and style of a high-roller in Los Santos, but can if you wish to get them a little quicker. The economy is balanced differently from the single player economy, and cash earned in one cannot be taken over to the other. Most players will earn cash much faster Online than in Story Mode.
- Growing Pains: There will be the typical growing pains for an online game, including but not limited to crashes, glitches, crazy bugs, gameplay modes and mechanics that need re-balancing and other surprises! Even in GTAV Story Mode, some of you may have seen a few odd and even amusing little glitches out there last week. This sort of thing is inevitable in a massive open-world game and there’ll surely be lots more unexpected oddities like this in the Online world next week – rest assured we’ll be monitoring and actively doing all we can to smooth such things out as they happen, but we need your help to find them, as well as your feedback to help fine tune all of the game's systems so everything is perfectly balanced.
Currently Planned GTA Online Content Updates:
Here is a quick overview of a few initial things we’re working on for the first few weeks of Grand Theft Auto Online, alongside an aggressive period of tuning and finessing the game. We will give you dates for all of this content as soon as we have them – bear in mind that the order of things may well change, and we will probably add some extra stuff as well!
- The Content Creator: The Content Creator will launch with tools to tailor and publish your own Deathmatches & Races.
- The Beach Bum Pack: Featuring 4 new amazing beach fun vehicles, over 300 new items of incredible down tempo leisure wear and 2 new but not remotely relaxing weapons.
- Capture the Flag: GTA Online’s take on the classic CTF mode including the ability to make your own using The Content Creator.
- Heists: This update will introduce full-on cooperative Heist missions that will require careful planning, teamwork and sharp execution – along with the Heist Planning Board for your apartment.
Just to be clear, all of these updates will be free. We’ll have more info on this and much more additional content as our plans develop through the launch period, and as we get feedback from you. Please stay tuned for further info and updates. And remember – we need your help to make this experience all it can be.
Thank you everyone,
Just added to the collection of Grand Theft Auto V screenshots at www.rockstargames.com/V is a brand new set of 12 action-packed shots in high-res featuring Michael, Franklin and Trevor in various states of play - parachuting over Blaine County, piloting over the coastline in a Cuban 800, as well as attending to business affairs solo and as a masked unit tackling heists. Enjoy.
11 AM Eastern, today.
On top of the classic Love Fist EP we remastered and released not too long ago, we've just dug even deeper in the vaults to release a trio of original sought-after tracks from Vice City's Radio Espantoso airwaves.
"The Bull's Wrong" by Alpha Banditos
"Yo Te Mire" by Tres Apenas Como Eso
"La Vida Es Una Lenteja" by Unaesta
These latin jam bands were a sureshot to get the fiesta going back in 1980s VC and now fans of their funky sounds (special shout to LegionYT1994) can grab the digitally remastered tracks for the low price of $0.69 each over at iTunes. They're also available for streaming on Spotify and have been added to our official playlists.
Official Grand Theft Auto Radio Playlists on Spotify and iTunes
Love Fist's Original 1986 EP Is Now Available on iTunes
Head Radio & Lips FM Station Albums from Liberty City Stories Now Available on iTunes
Grand Theft Auto III: Head Radio & Lips FM Station Albums Now Available on iTunes
Looking back on Grand Theft Auto: Vice City on the occasion of its recent mobile release is a pretty powerful double-hit of nostalgia for us. Not only are we here at Rockstar taken back to that wild year of 2002 when we labored to take the groundbreaking 3D GTA experience pioneered in the previous fall's Grand Theft Auto III into a direction that no one at the time expected - but it's also a time to revisit the fascination with 1980s pop culture that inspired Vice City in the first place. From coked-out debutantes, suave and in-control hit men, hot-blooded drug kingpins, egomaniacal movie directors... the larger than life attitudes of that "me" decade as served up in the films of the era served as perfect inspiration for the stories, characters and scenery that drove the world and vibe of Vice City...
But of course. Largely dismissed at the time as an overblown, needlessly and gratuitously violent and profane remake of Howard Hawks' 1932 gangster classic - it has now, of course, transcended all of that and become one of the biggest and most enduring cult hits of all time - defining what a modern crime epic should be. An absolute top favorite of ours, we started paying homage to the film's legacy in GTAIII with Flashback 95.6's Scarface soundtrack heavy playlist and the casting of Robert Loggia as the sciatica-plagued Ray Machowski - but it goes without saying that Vice City owes much of its inspiration to the vivid characters, style, scenery and music of De Palma and Pacino's 1980s Miami gangster masterpiece.
Less Than Zero (1987)
Hands down the darkest movie of the 'brat pack' genre, this Robert Downey Jr. and Andrew McCarthy-starring movie is a stylish adaptation of the disturbing Bret Easton Ellis (American Psycho) novel. A morality tale of excess following rich Beverly Hills yuppie kids caught up with living life in the coke-fueled fast lane of the 1980s social scene. Incredible style, music and oddly prophetic to the drug troubles that would plague Downey himself in the years to come.
Hit the jump below for the rest of our selections and be sure to recommend your favorites in the comments.
Rounding out our collection of Vice City digital wallpapers, backgrounds, Facebook covers, buddy icons and avatars - we've created a desktop-ready version of the classic Vice City Bureau of Investigations crime tree from the original Grand Theft Auto: Vice City website. So pin that one to your monitor, fill the loafers of VCBI Agents Bruce and Bob, and eagle-eye the relationships between the dodgy characters of VC's criminal ecosystem - from powerful kingpins like Sonny Forelli and Colonel Cortez on down to dregs like 'expert' safecracker Cam Jones and chef Leo Teal.
Additionally, we've dug into the crates a bit and created nice hi-res desktops of all the other character art that was never officially released in the Vice City collection. That's Avery Carrington, Cam Jones, Candy Suxx, Colonel Cortez, Gonzales, Hilary King, Old Man Earnest Kelly, Kent Paul, Steve Scott, Tommy Vercetti, Umberto Robina - AND, all of the radio DJ character art: Adam First, Pepe, Fernando Martinez, Oliver 'Ladykiller' Biscuit, Mr. Magic, Toni, and Lazlow.
Grab these and more over at the Vice City collection of Wallpapers, Icons, and Avatars.
New Vice City Anniversary Artwork Added to Rockstar Downloads
Don't Miss Posts
- Rockstar Verified: 10 New GTA Online Jobs Including the #IMNOTAHIPSTER Selections
- Rockstar Game Tips: Mastering the Most Challenging GTA Online Contact Missions
- Crew News: Member Cap Raised to 1,000
- New GTAV Gear at the Rockstar Warehouse: Limited Edition Golf Club, Gold Bar USB Drive, T.P.I Tee
- The Free GTAV iFruit and Game Manual Companion Apps
- KKGNKONSOLE KINGZKKZ ALL DAY
- GS4LtheGTAbaseDon't mess, or we'll kick yer bloody head in! Understood?
- LSFRLos Santos Free RoamWe're all professionals. We all know the score.
- SOLSSons of lost Soulsnever give up..... never back down.....
- FAMEUntold LegendzWe do not forgive.. We do not forget..-Untold Legendz