Rockstar Game Tips: Mastering the Maps of Legends and Killers (Red Dead Redemption)
(Eight participants in our latest multiplayer event, all playing as Red Dead Revolver characters from the Legends and Killers Pack, prepare to face off online...)
The Legends and Killers Pack for Red Dead Redemption opens up 9 new playable maps for Competitive Multiplayer modes. In our two most recent Social Club multiplayer events, players ran across the rooftops in Gang Shootout in Blackwater, roamed around the treacherous narrow areas in Hold Your Own in Punta Orgullo, and took cover behind trees in Grab The Bag in the woods of Manzanita Post. We played through pretty much all of the nine new maps in our latest multiplayer event, each one offering its own unique benefits and challenges. Get to know them like the back of your hand to truly rule the roost online.
- Use the ladders to scale buildings such as the Blackwater Hotel to gain the advantage of high ground...
(...and at the same time, be sure to quickly shoot down any enemies you see climbing ladders - or sneaking up behind you.)
- If you see an enemy on a nearby rooftop, throw a stick of dynamite and blow their britches right off.
- Narrow alleyways provide quick cover when you need to regenerate health or when running slowly with a bag or two over your shoulder.
- When making your way up the southern road to get to the top of the hill, use the crates for cover.
- Use the two towers in front of the mansion to get a good view of the action below.
- When walking next to one of the many high walls in the area, always watch your radar for other players that may be climbing over or following you.
- The back of the fort on the southwest end is a bit more quiet than the front, and a good place to rack up kills without the possibility of there being too many enemies nearby.
(The tower in the southern corner of the fort provides good cover and allows a wide view of the action below.)
- As there are plenty of opening and closing doors at all times, it's best to stick with a teammate to assure you're making it around alive.
- If you're running down a narrow hallway or are running inside some of the buildings, have a close range weapon equipped.
- Use the large trees to your advantage. They provide ample cover in this otherwise wide open area.
- Shady grass can help you blend in a bit with the surroundings. Stay out of the sun as much as possible.
- Stop every now and then and survey the land around you for movement. You'll be much harder to spot if you aren't moving.
- Use the tents near the center of the area for cover when needed.
- Before running up to a bag, take a quick look around to be sure no enemies are nearby...
(...or are already there trying to get the bag before you arrive.)
- Use the hills west of the road to get around the area so as to not be detected.
- Avoid the main road and use trees to keep the enemy from spotting you.
- Stay crouched and aware of who is coming around each and every corner.
- Follow along the rock face as much as possible as there are smaller rocks placed near the rock wall that you can hide behind.
- When turning a corner around a large rock, have a close range weapon ready as you never know who is coming the other way.
- A close range weapon such as a Shotgun or Tomahawk will come in very handy on this map.
- In Gold Rush, crouch and use the rocks for cover as you make your way to find bags.
- This dry and bright area makes it easy to spot other players with dark clothing in the harsh sunlight - use this to your advantage.
- This snowy map has some cover with trees, so use them when needed.
- Avoid the wide open and vulnerable area northwest of the "T" in "Tall" on the in-game map.
- The golden rule is especially important here in the woodlands: stick together with your team to accomplish the goal.
- The Gatling Gun on the bridge on the west end is quite tempting, but only wise if you've got teammates providing cover.
- It's always best to crouch while making your way around this map, particularly in Shootout. Stop and survey the area for movement every few moments, always stay near a wall for cover.
If you have any tips to throw in for any of these maps, or if you are looking for help in any area of the game, let us know in the comments below.
Rockstar Game Tips: Conquer the Tomahawk Ambient Challenges in Single-Player (Red Dead Redemption: Legends & Killers Pack)
Rockstar Game Tips: Red Dead Cooperative Mission Strategies (Part 1)
Rockstar Game Tips: Hunting Wildlife in Red Dead Redemption (Part 3)
Rockstar Game Tips: Hunting Wildlife in Red Dead Redemption (Part 2)
Rockstar Game Tips: Hunting Wildlife in Red Dead Redemption (Part 1)