GTA Online Game Tips: Putting in VIP Work
Over the past couple months, Executives and their dutiful Bodyguards have been taking on VIP Work to reap RP fame and GTA$ fortune. While our previous Game Tips post walked through key pointers on the roles of the VIP and the Bodyguard, in this edition we'll be taking a closer look at the various lucrative opportunities in VIP Work that are awaiting a sharp, resourceful boss and their Organization.
Once you’re a VIP, you’ll be able to instigate VIP Work for your Organization - a series of co-op jobs that are completed in Freemode. VIP Work is launched via the SecuroServ VIP option in the Interaction Menu. Bodyguards will be notified that they’re needed via text or a pop-up message, regardless of their proximity to the VIP.
VIP Work offers up plenty of chances to make some cold, hard GTA$ and rack up substantial RP. Each VIP Work job rewards a default amount of GTA$ and RP depending on how the Work ended:
- If the Key Organization successfully completes the Work, they will earn the full GTA$ and RP rewards.
- If a rival Organization steals the glory and successfully completes the job themselves, they will win 70% of the GTA$ and 70% of the RP. However, this is only paid to the member who actually ends the mode. This, in turn, goes to their VIP if they are a Bodyguard, minus a 10% cut to SecuroServ. If you're up against another Organization in any Job or Challenge, it is well worth remembering these prospective rewards if you're thinking of impeding the opposition.
As well as the completion rewards (more of which below), everyone who meets the participation threshold during a given Work event will be paid participation GTA$ and RP, with each minute spent participating worth GTA$500 and 100RP. For Bodyguards, it’s also nice to know that the Participation GTA$ doesn’t transfer to your VIP when earned and is 100% yours for the keeping.
Watch and learn as iTwisterr takes out an entire Organization himself in Piracy Prevention.
Here's the rundown on the best way to prosper in each of the 6 VIP Work variants:
Objective: Attack and defend your way to a successful capture of the decks on the Super Yacht.
With boats, helis and Seasharks all a part of the onslaught, here’s how to handle the situation:
- The pirates must take the upper deck of the Yacht, denoted by a yellow marker. As the defending Organization, don't forget to have one person guarding this area at all times.
- The defending team should plant proximity mines on all of the entrances of the upper deck to catch out an unsuspecting attacker – but be careful of detonating them yourself.
- Use your VIP Abilities to order a Buzzard for your defending Bodyguards. They can patrol the skies for any incoming enemies, including players parachuting in from all angles and therefore helping to take out the opposition as early as possible. Also keep an eye out for any figures swimming underwater to sneak aboard.
- When attacking the Yacht as part of an Organization, use the Ghost Organization ability to render your Organization invisible on the radar. This will allow you to sneak aboard undetected.
Objective: Complete various hacking challenges to reveal packages, collecting them before the competition does.
Here are our tips to help you pip your rivals to the post:
- VIPs - only you can use the 'Sightseer' app but you're most vulnerable when hacking it to locate the next package. By the same token, Bodyguards - you'll need to be on high alert at all costs. If your VIP dies, the job is over.
- As the VIP, have your bodyguards chauffeur you around while you hack for the next package location. The additional vehicle cover may give you that extra safety buffer.
- Bodyguards can't see the package locations but as the VIP, you can place a custom waypoint on the map to display a GPS for your Bodyguards to follow to each package.
- Helicopters are a fast way to travel between packages, but they’re very vulnerable to missile attack. The Turreted Limo is the slowest option but does provide substantial offensive and defensive protection. Choose your vehicles wisely.
You’re not just trying to escape rival Organizations and other players in Hostile Takeover, the cops will also turn their attentions to you once you have the package.
Objective: Deliver a 'package' to a set location. With the sizeable challenges the package may pose, take the following tips to tackle the situation deftly:
- Preparation, preparation, preparation. You have a generous time limit to complete the drop off so use it to plan your approach and exit carefully.
- You’re not just trying to escape rival Organizations and other players in this mode, the Cops will also turn their attentions to you once you have the package.
- Once the package is collected, you’ll become visible to everyone across Los Santos and Blaine County so have an escape plan ready. Consider taking multiple vehicles in case something happens to one of them.
- If you’ve got one available, the Turreted Limo can be a powerful tool for your Organization. Consider bringing it along to aid your escape.
Objective: Keep your VIP alive for 10 minutes while everyone else in Freemode attempts to track down and annihilate the VIP-in-hiding for cash rewards.
Whether you’re the hunters or the hunted, we’d suggest the following approaches:
- If you’re the hunter, the VIP will be confined to a small area; fan out to cover more ground when tracking them down.
- As the hunted VIP, keep on the move. If you stay in the same spot for too long you will become visible on the radar to the hunters searching for you.
- To throw the pursuers off the track, as the VIP, try blending in with the regular citizens of Los Santos and Blaine County. You could be pleasantly surprised at how effective this can be.
In Asset Recovery, think about splitting up to avoid any attacking cops and to confuse rival Organizations and other players trying to take your vehicles out.
Objective: Recover impounded vehicles at LSPD stations around the city and return the freed assets to a designated location.
To avoid the clutches of other players and the cops, we recommend:
- Co-ordinate your Organization so that you steal the vehicles at the exact same time. All members of your Organization will become wanted by the cops as soon as a target vehicle is stolen, so line up before you fire up.
- Let those bullets bounce off you. The target vehicles have bullet proof tires, so don’t panic if you’re being shot at.
- Get creative with your escape route! The GPS is not always the fastest or safest route to the drop-off location so get off the beaten track if you need to.
- Think about splitting up to avoid any attacking cops and to confuse rival Organizations and other players trying to take your vehicles out.
Objective: Rival Organizations go head-to-head in a Deathmatch-style clash in Freemode, with each VIP battling to survive with their 10 allotted lives.
To keep your VIP ahead of the competition, our pro tips are:
- Stick as close to your VIP as possible to take advantage of the health regen and stat boost bonuses your VIP provides.
- Bodyguards, don’t be afraid to sacrifice yourself to help your VIP escape death. They’re the target here, not you; if they lose, so do you.
- As a VIP, remember to utilize your VIP Abilities. Drop armor, ammo and Bullshark Testosterone for your Bodyguards if they need them. In a pinch, you can use the Interaction Menu to stock up on ammo mid-fight, which could well mean the difference between failure and success.
- Rewards are a bit different in this Job. All members of the winning team will receive a reward and if it’s a Rival Organization that wins, the reward will not be passed to the VIP.
- Ensure your bodyguards are equipped with ranged weapons, such as snipers and RPGs, to keep any threats at a distance.
If you're hankering for more Executive and Bodyguard action, stay tuned for more upcoming Game Tips to help you take on VIP Challenges.