GTA Fan Vids: GTAV "Hyper Timelapse", NO "There's a Glow" Music Vid, "The BMX Flow" Stunts & More
In this week's round of fantastic GTAV-based video creations, we see a talented multimedia artist from Quebec and a Los Angeles-based rock band using the virtual landscape of Los Santos to go on location and create some inspired creative works. We also have a video tour of an amazing recreation of the De Santa residence, constructed block by block in Minecraft – and a tried and true group of world class stunters combining their powers to create quite a public spectacle over the aerial landmarks of LS...
A MATTER OF PERSPECTIVE
Canadian artist Benoit Paillé has been making some noise for his stunning digital installation juxtaposing in-game GTAV scenery with still-life photographic elements entitled “Crossroad of Realities”.
The video above, “Hyper Timelapse GTAV”, is part of that collection and is a really unique and artful take on the in-game time-lapse concept set to a frenetic jazzy score perfectly capturing the hustle and bustle of Los Santos as well as Blaine County.
Also Check Out:
CROSSROAD OF REALITIES / BENOIT PAILLÉ - GTAV project from Lapoudrerie
ORIGINAL MUSIC VIDEO SHOT (ALMOST) ENTIRELY IN GTA ONLINE
The L.A. band NO has shot their latest official music video for the track “There’s a Glow” ‘on location’ on the streets of Los Santos using a taste of the limitless action of GTA Online to melodramatic effect. Reminiscent of both the GTAIV Xbox 360 trailer of Niko Bellic's walk through Liberty City, and classic live-action music videos like Verve's "Bittersweet Symphony" and Xzibit's "What You See Is What You Get", a GTA Online version of lead singer Bradley Hanan Carter makes his way through the city streets seemingly disaffected by aggressive fellow pedestricans, chaotic explosions, gunfire, near misses with curb-checking emergency vehicles and helicopters crashing down all around him. The video concept itself was put together by director/editor Johnny Agnew, produced by Leighton Dyer and has a humorous twist of an ending, so definitely stick around for the final bit.
Also Check Out:
GTA Online: Bittersweet Symphony: The Verve: (GTA5) by Stifler-013
STATE OF THE UNION
GTA 5 Stunt Montage | Nomad Union - V by RedKeyMon
Recently featured on Kotaku, the gtastunting.net boys of Nomad Union are back with their Vth installment, starring some familiar faces from the stunting scene like BenBuja, DarkStar, Daffy, KillaMarci, MxZz, Rainbow, Slayer, TaZ and Turtle Dick, who kicks things off near the start with a seriously vert backflip onto a power-line that's later followed up by an awe-inspiring launch to a lighthouse roof. The always flashy Daffy obliges a 1-2-3 triple flip that has to be seen to be believed and Slayer sticks a perfect pinpoint landing near the Del Perro Pier Ferris Wheel. Daredevil action aficionados, dig in.
OFF THE RAILS
BMX bad boy ErasableNinja had caught our eye in the past for a slick and stylish stunt montage. Now, Ninja is flexing some serious shadow skills, seemingly with the corporate backing of several extreme in-game sponsors like Heat, ProLaps, Eris and Rearwall. Ninja effortlessly pulls off a number of tricky maneuvers from wall rides to 360 side flips and even introduces a rarely seen backflip into a front handlebar grind other bike trick enthusiasts may find themselves envious of.
THE DE SANTA RESIDENCE FAITHFULLY REMADE IN MINECRAFT
Keralis and his block buddy Shiftmaster offer up a grand tour of a 'cubist' rendition of the De Santa household created by the talented digital artisan Tanriverdi in the latest iteration of their Minecraft Inspiration Series. A real treat to see - Tanriverdi's got the exterior AND interior nailed including the bedrooms, the tennis court, pool and even the garage stocked an appropriately blocky version of Michael’s Obey Tailgater.
MORE RECOMMENDED VIEWING
Also don’t miss these fun recent vids that we recently spotted and shouted on Twitter – make sure you’re following us there to see some great videos shared on the regular:
- "The Purge: Anarchy" in GTA 5 by Grandpa Carl: Looking forward to the sequel to last year's micro-budget box office shocker? A fan formulated his own take on the new official trailer we still found surprisingly creepy by comparison.
- GTA 5 - BMX FREESTYLE (EPIC STUNTS) by RedKeyMon: With all the high octane stunts performed by RKM via squirrely Pegassi Batis and launch-ready Truffade Adders, it's easy to forget the man puts some solid skills behind the BMX handlebars as well. Here's a pleasant reminder in just under two minutes.
- GTA 5 Online | Flying Planes Through the Vinewood Sign by 8-Bit Bastard: Some resourceful lads come up with the "GIMME THE D" challenge, putting their flying skills to the test by attempting to thread all manner of flying mechanisms through the "D" in the VINEWOOD sign.
- GTAV - The Jump: 28 Buses by REWARDER GAMING: Recently featured on Kotaku as well, variations on the multi-bus stunt jump keep getting bigger and more elaborate. Rewarder Gaming show us how any one person can pull off something awesome on the solo tip, working inside The Creator's test mode.
- "FUSION" A GTA 5 TEAMTAGE - Versa Alliance GTA V Stunts Montage by OP: We always enjoy seeing a new team of stunters arriving on the scene with their own unique bag of tricks to add to the mix. Watch and learn from the skillful Versa Alliance.
- GTA 5 Online - SELFIE AUTOTUNE! (Grand Theft Auto V) by Got Drums: We've seen quite a few voice-modifying, celebrity impressionist pranksters having fun in GTA Online lobbies since last year but rarely with the style and panache of Mr. Got Drums here, who deftly multitasks some social media while entertaining and confounding unsuspecting Los Santos residents.