Rockstar Fansites Roundup: NightFall Video, Sticker Bombing, GTAIV Machinima, Red Dead in Liberty City Mod & GTA Fan Art
Here's a quick look across the landscape of dedicated fansites covering Rockstar and our game titles. These guys have been riding with us for quite a while now so big thanks to them for the longtime support - we recommend stopping by their sites to have a look at lots of additional content and analysis from the fan perspective. Here's some cool stuff out there we've seen recently...
- The team at RockstarBase are getting into the Los Santos spirit with an article entitled "Pre GTAV: LA Time Lapse", featuring a really spectacular video of the real City of Angels at NightFall. We recommend to go HD and fullscreen to see it in full splendor.
- In "The Sticker Effect", ChicagoEnigma at Rockstar Network rats himself out for his nefarious habit of Rockstar sticker-bombing. You can also check out The Sticker Project over on their forums for more details. We will neither condone nor condemn such activity...
- If you've played far enough into Max Payne 3's story or have toured the maps of the Local Justice Pack, you've likely paid a trip to the Imperial Palace Hotel in the game - a place that Max himself gives a less than glowing Yelp review of in the game, calling it "a 5 star bonafide s**thole". The guys over at PayneReactor did some digging to find out that there is actually a real hotel by the same name in Brazil. "Imperial Palace" is actually a pretty common hotel name out there around the world, with unaffiliated instances notable in Las Vegas, Korea, the Philipines and beyond - as for the Brazilian one, being on practically the opposite side of the country from São Paulo in Juazeiro do Norte on the north coast, this is mere coincidence and was not at all a scouted source reference for the in-game location - plus the real Brazilian hotel looks pretty spiffy by comparison.
- GTAGaming recently highlighted The Adventador Redemption, an incredible new bit of narrative machinima created by Beat with Grand Theft Auto IV PC. Telling a dark and stylized crime story of a Russian assassin - it's definitely worth a watch above.
They also let their readers know about Red Dead Desert '12, a new mod for GTAIV PC that gives you a wide open desert to explore, including cliffs, big rocks, a cave mine, an airfield, oil refinery, dirt trails, new vehicles and a whole lot more.
A pair of fan created artwork pieces depicting Niko and CJ respectively from MikeMeth.
- And finally, some fan artwork from earlier in the summer depicting GTAIV's Niko Bellic (left) and GTA: San Andreas' Carl Johnson (right) popped up in a news article on iGrandTheftAuto.com. The nicely illustrated portraits were created by MikeMeth, and you can check out more various works at his deviantART page.
We always keep a close eye at what's going on in throughout our fan community, so stay tuned for more updates on articles and pieces of interest.
If you own or belong to a fansite that's running a particularly fun poll, have posted a great article, or anything else noteworthy, feel free to drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org letting us know and we'll have a look for consideration to feature in an upcoming edition of the Fansite Roundup.