Red Dead Redemption: Game of the Year Edition PSN Official Social Club Multiplayer Event w/ Triple XP (April 20, 4-7PM Eastern)
Update: The event and sweepstakes have ended. Thanks to everyone that joined us, and enjoy Triple XP all weekend.
Following up an afternoon with Grand Theft Auto IV: Complete Edition on April 5th, we continue our month on PlayStation Network Friday April 20th with a Red Dead Redemption: Game of the Year Edition multiplayer event from 4-7pm Eastern, the latest in the Rockstar Games Social Club Multiplayer Events Series. Triple XP will be live for both consoles.
Next up after this event ends: a month with Max Payne 3. Beginning Tuesday May 15th, we'll be playing every single day into June, including several multiplayer events with live video, chat and big prizes. Have a look at the official Spring calendar for full details.
For Friday, head over to the Social Club multiplayer events page where we'll have a video stream and live chat, plus we're giving away two hand-painted Red Dead Redemption controllers. Additionally, 20 runners-up will win Rockstar prize packs, each containing a Rockstar shirt, Red Dead playing cards and stickers.
And for those of you playing, not to worry if you don't own the Game of the Year Edition. Any version of Red Dead or Undead Nightmare is compatible with Game of the Year Edition multiplayer.
OFFICIAL ROCKSTAR PSN IDs
Start multiplayer from the main menu, choosing 'Normal' from the list of difficulties. This will place you into a Free Roam lobby. It's best to invite at least one friend and form a posse, but this is not required. Then enter the game mode being discussed by "SocialClub" in the chat.
HOW DOES FREE ROAM WORK?
Free Roam is the hub of your online experience. Supporting up to 16 players, Free Roam allows you to explore with your friends and enemies, take out the gangs of outlaws or launch into more structured gameplay using the markers placed around the world. We'll be forming posses and then heading into several game modes during the event.
FORMING A POSSE
To start the game, invite your friends, form a posse and find Rockstar, follow these steps:
- From the main menu, press 'Start' and then enter 'Online Multiplayer' by pressing the 'Square' button, and choose 'Normal'.
- Once in a Free Roam lobby, press the 'Select' button to open the in-game multiplayer menu.
- Press the 'R1' button and then the 'Triangle' button to 'Show Friends'. Invite at least one friend into your posse using the 'X' button.
- Once your friends are in the game, press the 'Triangle' button again to return to the 'Players' menu and select them with the 'X' button to 'Propose New Posse' or 'Send Posse Invite'.
- Once you and your friends are ready to go, start up the game mode we're currently playing. We'll announce modes in the chat.
Recapping the March 23rd Red Dead Redemption GOTY Xbox LIVE Social Club Multiplayer Event
Recap of the Red Dead Redemption Official Social Club Multiplayer Event on PSN (March 8) with Screens, Fan Video & Prize Winners
Recap with Fan Video, Prize Winners and Screens from the Official GTAIV PC Social Club Multiplayer Event (February 24)