Rockstar Game Tips: More Co-Op Mission Pro Tips for Red Dead Redemption (Outlaws to the End / Undead Nightmare Disc)
(The RedDeadDevs work together to rescue The Kidnapped Girl and bring her back safely to Ridgewood Farm...)
Today's entry in the Rockstar Game Tips series picks up where we left off last week, covering the last 3 co-operative missions from the Outlaws to the End Co-Op Mission Pack, included as part of the disc-based Undead Nightmare release. Read on for pro tips and tricks to help you and your trusty two-to-four-man squad conquer "The Kidnapped Girl", "The River" and "Walton's Gold" - three very different mission sequences each with their own distinct challenges.
The Kidnapped Girl (Bandits have taken over Fort Mercer and they're holding a farmer's daughter hostage. You and your crew will need to charge the fort and eliminate the gang with all firepower necessary - then fend off enemy reinforcements as you transport the girl by stagecoach safely to her home at Ridgewood Farm.)
- Take out all enemies on the front lines before rushing the gates. The easiest way to end up dead (fast) is to rush forward at the beginning of this mission. Gatling guns and armed enemies await you, and they aren't very happy you've decided to pay them a visit.
- Be careful when blowing the explosives on the front gates. Make sure all posse members are clear.
- The Winchester Repeater included with the Soldier class works well for the enemies inside Fort Mercer. It allows you to take out many of them before walking inside. Stand right outside the open gates and fire away, strafing left and right to use the cover of the walls to regenerate health.
- Stay alert when riding back to Ridgewood Farm as enemies will come at you from all directions. If you have to stop the stagecoach to revive a member of your posse, do it quickly as you could all end up dead in a matter of seconds...
The River (Ride a raft down river, taking out rebel encampments along the way until you reach the rebel stronghold of Nosalida and a final epic battle for the town's massive weapons caches. Watch out for Gatling gun-equipped enemy rafts.)
- As soon as your posse reaches land for the first time, run right along the lower part of the shoreline for about 15-20 seconds. Turn around and you'll have all of the enemies in front of you instead of surrounding you.
- Similar to the first part of the mission, run to the right and behind the collection of large rocks the second time your posse reaches land. This area is known as The Scratching Post.
- The Soldier class is recommended as the Winchester Repeater comes in very handy when firing at enemies as the raft travels down the river. The Miner class helps when in close quarters combat on land at The Scratching Post.
- Keep your posse together when you reach Nosalida. Enemies will be coming from all directions, and be mindful of other players' positions when you decide to blow up any TNT.
Walton's Gold (Walton's Gang have taken control of a mining camp rich with gold. Fight through the camp and load your mine cart with as much gold as you can carry, then get out as fast as you can - Walton's boys have rigged the place to blow!)
- Immediately run west with your posse to go around all of the enemies so that you can approach them closely with cover.
- Once inside the mine, blow any TNT crates and barrels to avoid future accidental player deaths. Just make sure that when you do this, you tell your posse. R.I.P. RedDeadDev4.
(The RedDeadDevs watch the mine blow near the end of Walton's Gold. Mission accomplished...)
- The Miner class really shows its power when using the Pump-action Shotgun on the enemies inside the mine, especially the cluster of enemies that stand near the mine cart. Dynamite also helps to take down any enemies manning Gatling Guns.
- Gather two bags of gold at a time and load them into the cart. The more gold you have in the cart, the more experience you will receive.
As always, if you've got other good trusty tips of your own to share for any aspects of the co-operative missions from Outlaws to the End / Undead Nightmare, don't be greedy - drop 'em in the comments below.
Previous Rockstar Game Tips:
Co-operative Mission Strategies: "Ammunition", "The Escape" and "The Herd" (Undead Nightmare / Outlaws to the End)
Co-operative Mission Strategies: General Tips (Undead Nightmare / Outlaws to the End)
Staking a Claim in Land Grab (Undead Nightmare)
Surviving the Hordes in Undead Overrun Multiplayer (Undead Nightmare)
Becoming an Ace Online Poker Player (Undead Nightmare / Liars and Cheats)