Rockstar Game Tips: Red Dead Redemption Cooperative Mission Strategies (Outlaws to the End / Undead Nightmare Disc)
(A massive explosion goes off as a posse of RedDeadDev's does plenty of damage in Walton's Gold...)
For those of you that purchased the recent disc-based release of Undead Nightmare and are experiencing the explosive and epic co-operative missions from the Outlaws to the End Pack for the first time, as well as anybody that's still having trouble getting those last few Achievements/Trophies for completing all the advanced co-ops, here's some helpful bits of gameplay wisdom to help keep your posse alive and effective to successfully make your way through the mission objectives in "Ammunition", "The Escape" and "The Herd".
Keep the following tips in mind when running, gunning and taking cover...
Ammunition (The Mexican Army has the town of Tesoro Azul under siege. Storm the gates under heavy cannon, Gatling gun and sniper fire to destroy the Mexican artillery placements.)
- As soon as the mission begins, everyone in your posse should immediately head to the east gate and take out all enemies in that direction. A pretty strong mobilization of enemies awaits you outside of the west gate, and it's just best to approach them through the east gate. Work your way out and then up the south hill.
- The Gunslinger class is a good choice for the beginning of the mission, but later on, the Soldier class works well with the Winchester Repeater. It's best to discuss classes with your posse before beginning.
- One person in your posse should be a Marksman to take down enemies high up on the south hill. This person will have to approach the enemies cautiously as it is dark and stormy during this entire mission.
- Use cannons up on the south hill to take out enemies west and north of Tesoro Azul. A few shots should get rid of most of the enemies on the ground, but beware of an enemy that mans a Gatling gun outside the west gate.
- After planting explosives at the end of the mission, be absolutely sure your whole team clears the area before everything goes boom. Case in point, during one of our Social Club Multiplayer Events, our own RedDeadDev5 blew the explosives too early, sending RedDeadDev4 and a few others sky high. Game over.
The Escape (Attack and steal a gold coach along with a wagon and a Gatling gun. Once acquired, you will be sent to turn them in to the American Army and then must clear out remaining resistance in the town of Tumbleweed. After clearing the town, prepare for an explosive standoff that will take you all the way to Mexico.)
- Kill all of the enemies surrounding the first area using the Winchester Rifle included with the Soldier class or the Repeater Carbine included with the Gunslinger class.
- If you have 4 players in your posse, have two get on each transport: the Mobile Gatling Gun and the Gold Coach. If you have 2 or 3 players, it's best to all gather in the Gold Coach.
- In Tumbleweed, it helps to have one player be a Marksman to go to the top of a nearby ridge to take out the enemies manning the Gatling Guns.
- Enemies are very spread out in Tumbleweed, so stay together or you could find yourself falling to the ground without any nearby posse members to come and help get you revived...
The Herd (Cattle rustlers have taken control of Box Canyon. Fight your way in and wipe out the rustlers, then use teamwork to protect the herd as you lead them home to Armadillo while drawing heavy fire from snipers and reinforcements on horseback.)
- One member of your posse should choose the Marksman class to take out enemies from above with the Rolling Block Rifle at the beginning in Pike's Basin. Others should choose the Soldier class to use the Winchester Repeater.
- Take care when using Dynamite, Fire Bottles and Throwing Knives around the cattle. Keep as many alive as possible.
(The RedDeadDev's make their way through Pike's Basin with the herd of cattle, aware of the possibility of onlooking enemies.)
- Once you've shot down everyone in the first area, appoint one person to stay behind and herd the cattle. All others should go ahead and clear the area of enemies.
- When your posse enters Cholla Springs, the herd of cattle will be much more vulnerable to being shot. It's best to continue having one person herd the cattle and the rest concentrate on incoming fighters.
If you have any other helpful tips from your own experience with these missions, be sure to share your knowledge with us all below in comments. For general tips on how to tackle co-op check out our previous post here, and look for our tips on "The Kidnapped Girl", "The River" and "Walton's Gold" next week.
Previous Rockstar Game Tips:
Staking a Claim in Land Grab (Undead Nightmare)
Surviving the Hordes in Undead Overrun Multiplayer (Undead Nightmare)
Becoming an Ace Online Poker Player (Undead Nightmare / Liars and Cheats)
Cooperative Mission Strategies (Undead Nightmare / Outlaws to the End)