Rockstar San Diego
Rockstar New England
RAGE Technology Group
RAGE Technology Group
RAGE Graphics Programmer
The RAGE team is Rockstar's central technology group, which is part of the Rockstar San Diego studio. The team develops and supports the engine libraries and tools for graphics, physics, animation, networking, AI, character behaviors, core systems and other technologies that are used across Rockstar for Xbox 360, Playstation 3 and PC titles. The RAGE engine drives games such as Red Dead Redemption, GTA IV and Midnight Club: Los Angeles and upcoming titles such as Max Payne 3. RAGE team members work closely with game teams to integrate new technologies as well as evangelize best practices and process in using those technologies across Rockstars studios. Rockstar is looking at future needs and expansion of its RAGE engine and team by leveraging proven technologies created in our games as well as making key feature and optimization enhancements within all of its subsystems. Come make a difference and join the most talented and committed engine team in the industry!
RAGE is looking for an enthusiastic programmer to help increase the features and capabilities within its graphics technologies.
- Develop new and enhance existing graphics technologies (rendering, lighting, shadows, shaders, culling, scene management and others) to help achieve state-of-the-art visuals.
- Work closely with the game project teams to assist in integrating RAGE graphics technologies into the game projects, identify extensions to that technology, and help create those improvements.
- Work with others to create our next-generation graphics pipeline that includes full shader support, advanced lighting/rendering techniques, and special effects.
- Help evangelize and facilitate the sharing of successful graphics approaches from the game projects across Rockstars studios.
- Excellent C/C++ programming skills.
- Good "can do" attitude with a service oriented personality.
- Excellent HLSL and Cg programming skills.
- Experience with 3D graphics APIs (Direct3D 9+ and/or OpenGL).
- Being versatile and regularly proving a readiness to tackle new challenges.
- Ability to work with artists to make sure they can get the most out of the technology.
- Passionate about playing and making games!
- At least one shipped console or PC title; preferably on the Xbox 360 and/ or the Playstation 3 console.
- Experience in identifying bottlenecks and optimizing existing / future rendering code.
- Significant knowledge of how to program the vertex and pixel shader hardware units.
- Knowledgeable in variety of special FX techniques.
- Experience with multithreaded/SPU programming.
- Ability to debug engine level code.
- Experience optimizing both performance factors and memory footprints using hardware and software profilers (PIX, GCM Replay, Tuner, Vtune, etc.).
- Ability to research existing approaches and adapt those to new or modified uses.