Rockstar San Diego
Rockstar New England
RAGE Technology Group
Rockstar New England
Rockstar is focused on making world class video games. We develop some of the most creatively rewarding and challenging projects to be found in any entertainment medium.
Rockstar New England is seeking a Mid Level Animator to join our team. This is a terrific opportunity to work in a creative environment on some of the most highly respected and widely recognized AAA titles in video games such as Grand Theft Auto, Red Dead Redemption, Max Payne, L.A. Noire, and Bully.
- Create animations of the highest quality utilizing motion capture technology and proprietary tools.
- Consistently meet project deadlines in a timely manner without compromising artistic integrity.
- Manage time, meet project deadlines / milestones, as set by the Lead Animator and Production.
- Create balanced solutions to any aesthetic or technical issues.
- Work closely with Art, Design, and Code teams receiving direction, effectively communicating ideas, and problem solve.
- Follow and maintain the animation pipeline technical requirements and system structure.
- Contribute documentation on processes and task tracking throughout development cycle.
- Outstanding demo reel demonstrating an exceptional understanding of movement.
- Working production level knowledge of a major animation package such Motion Builder, 3D Studio Max, Maya, or equivalent program.
- 3+ years of game industry experience in an animation position with at least one published game.
- Production experience developing a third person action game.
- Highly independent worker with excellent problem solving skills.
- Ability to collaborate and communicate well within a team environment.
- Positive, solution-oriented individual with a passion for game development.
- Knowledge of Motion Builder.
- Production level experience with motion capture data, creating loops, idles, and blending motion.
- Biped as well as Quadruped animation experience.
- Strong familiarity with open world games.
- Industry proven interpersonal and communication skills and ability to work closely with Artists, Designers and Programmers.
- Industry proven problem-solving skills and ability to work in a self-directed manner and make timely, well-thought out decisions.
- Python scripting experience an advantage.
- Rockstar offers a competitive salary, benefits package and a wonderfully open and collaborative working environment.
- We are located north of Boston directly on an MBTA line for easy commuting.