Rockstar San Diego
Rockstar New England
RAGE Technology Group
Senior Data Engineer - Analytics
As a Senior Data Engineer you will work with key decision-makers from the executive team, game dev, web dev, and product management groups. Your primary roles will be as an implementer of data analytics technology and as a technical advisor on the design and operation of “big data” systems. You should have prior big data and/or large data set experience, deep familiarity with query and storage optimization methods, a strong understanding of math and statistical analysis, and high aptitude with SQL and ideally some flavor(s) of C. Experience in the game industry is not required, but a passion for gaming is a huge plus.
- Architect the systems and processes required to collect and analyze data.
- Work with Data Analysts to develop analysis and reporting systems.
- Administer several high-volume databases.
- Provide leadership and guidance to other data analysis engineers.
- Solid understanding of technological hurdles associated with ‘Big Data’: storage, performance, etc.
- Experience building analytic data pipelines from application instrumentation through to data consumer front-ends.
- Experience building effective and efficient data models to answer business questions.
- Experience addressing and troubleshooting data quality and data integrity issues.
- Experience with at least one scalable columnar or columnar-like database required. Vertica expertise a strong plus.
- Experience writing and maintaining ETL processes. Familiarity with Pentaho a plus.
- Strong SQL coding skills required. Experience with MSSQL Server a plus.
- Strong skills with C# or C++ ideal.
- Basic data presentation understanding and skills required. Tableau experience a plus.
- Experience with Excel as well as strong background in math, statistical analysis, and quantitative methods required.