Rockstar San Diego
Rockstar New England
RAGE Technology Group
RAGE Technology Group
The RAGE team is Rockstar's central technology group, which is part of the Rockstar San Diego studio. The team develops and supports the engine libraries and tools for graphics, physics, animation, networking, AI, character behaviors, core systems and other technologies that are used across Rockstar for Xbox 360, Playstation 3 and PC titles. The RAGE engine drives games such as Red Dead Redemption, GTA IV and Midnight Club: Los Angeles and upcoming titles such as Max Payne 3. RAGE team members work closely with game teams to integrate new technologies as well as evangelize best practices and process in using those technologies across Rockstars studios. Rockstar is looking at future needs and expansion of its RAGE engine and team by leveraging proven technologies created in our games as well as making key feature and optimization enhancements within all of its subsystems. Come make a difference and join the most talented and committed engine team in the industry!
RAGE is looking for an energetic Web/.NET developer to help increase the features and capabilities of our online technologies. We are looking for someone who is not afraid of new challenges and wants to work on a technology team and company that are focused on redefining what an online gaming experience can be.
- Integrating front-end applications primarily with ASP.NET (C#) MVC and PHP (CakePHP).
- Web performance optimization.
- Collaboration with other Rockstar technology teams across our worldwide studios.
- Proficient HTML/CSS.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Fundamental understanding of C#.NET, PHP, and MVC methodologies.
- Experience with HTML5.
- Passion for web development.
- CSS styles and manipulation.
- Familiarity using XML.
- C++ experience strongly desired.
- Knowledge of embedded systems - specifically browser technologies such as WebKit, Gecko, V8, and SpiderMonkey.
- Experience authoring for mobile devices.
- Knowledge of Agile software development process (particularly Scrum).
- Appreciation of software development best practices.
- Good experience with shared code and use of source control platforms.
- Experience with Subversion and Visual Studio.
- Passion for games (especially Rockstar Games titles).
- .NET C# Experience desired.
- Experience with Perforce or similar source control software.
- Familiarity with web development for mobile device desired.
- Exposure to the Chromium WebKit API.
- Experience with databases, preferably SQL Server.
- C++ experience.
- AJAX and Web service experience.