Rockstar San Diego
Rockstar New England
RAGE Technology Group
Rockstar is focused on making world class video games. We develop some of the most creatively rewarding and challenging projects to be found in any entertainment medium.
Rockstar Toronto is seeking an experienced Animator to join our team. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to work in a creative environment on some of the most highly respected and widely recognized AAA titles in video games such as Grand Theft Auto, Red Dead Redemption, Bully, and Max Payne. We encourage anyone who feels this is the opportunity they’ve been waiting for to apply!
The successful candidate will be responsible for creating visually stunning 3d game animations, and for working closely with the team to create balanced solutions to any related technical and aesthetic issues. Candidates must be able to animate natural and expressive human motion to create realistic, fluid character animations.
- Positive, solution-oriented individual with a passion for game development.
- Strong understanding of development issues involved in getting animations into a game.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in animation for video games or equivalent.
- Proven industry experience as an animator on at least one AAA title.
- Production experience with PS3, XBOX 360, and/or PC.
- Bachelors Degree in Art from a competitive program.
- A portfolio demonstrating exceptional 3D animation is required.
- Advanced knowledge in one of: MotionBuilder, 3D Studio Max, Maya, or equivalent 3D program.
- Exceptional skill in animating the human figure as well as other organic forms.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and ability to work closely with Artists, Designers and Programmers.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to work in a self-directed manner and make timely, well-thought out decisions.
- Proficiency in Motionbuilder.
Rockstar offers a competitive salary, benefits package and a great modern working environment. We are located directly on the Go-Train line for easy commuting.
Please submit your resume, cover letter and portfolio link.