Rockstar San Diego
Rockstar New England
RAGE Technology Group
RAGE Technology Group
The RAGE team is Rockstar's central technology group, which is part of the Rockstar San Diego studio. The team develops and supports the engine libraries and tools for graphics, physics, animation, networking, AI, character behaviors, core systems and other technologies that are used across Rockstar for Xbox 360, Playstation 3 and PC titles.
The RAGE engine drives all Rockstar games, including Max Payne, Red Dead Redemption, and GTA V. RAGE team members work closely with game teams to integrate new technologies as well as evangelize best practices and process in using those technologies across Rockstars studios. Rockstar is looking at future needs and expansion of its RAGE engine and team by leveraging proven technologies created in our games as well as making key feature and optimization enhancements within all of its subsystems.
RAGE is looking for an energetic programmer to help increase the features and capabilities of our animation technologies.
- Work with others to create our next generation animation system that includes motion-capture, facial animation, parameterized motion, and procedural animation tools and technologies.
- Develop tools and assist in their use by project animation programmers and content creators.
- Maintain and extend the development of our current character/creature animation system.
- Work closely with game project teams to assist in integrating RAGE animation technology into games, identifying extensions to that technology, and creating those improvements.
- Excellent C/C++ programming skills.
- Good "can do" attitude with a service oriented personality.
- Some experience with game characters and solving animation problems with game development.
- Being versatile and regularly proving a readiness to tackle new challenges.
- Passionate about playing and making games!
- At least 2 years of programming experience with game development.
- Understanding of the interaction between the player, AI, physics and animation.
- Familiarity with inverse kinematics, forward kinematics, animation compression schemes, animation blending and morph targets.
- Ability to independently develop cutting edge animation technology based latest animation research papers.
- Experience with multithreaded/SPU programming.
- At least one shipped console or PC title; preferably on the Xbox 360 and/ or the Playstation 3 console.
- Professional experience on 1 or more character based games.