Rockstar San Diego
Rockstar New England
We'd like to hear from the industry's most talented environment artists.
You will be designing, building and texturing the world, and have the technical knowledge to achieve great-looking results and the skill to get the most from next-gen consoles.
With your resume, please include links to your portfolio or provide examples of your work.
- Modelling, texturing and creating collision in 3D for game environments.
- Work closely with Programmers to ensure polygon counts and texture sizes are fully optimized for target platforms while minimizing any impact on artistic integrity of assets.
- Participate in R&D of new techniques to implement into production pipeline.
- Proactively seek feedback from Lead Artist, Producer and Creative Director.
- Ensure that artistic style is consistent with defined visual style for the game.
- 2+ years of post-secondary educational experience in 2D and 3D art production.
- Eagerness to learn new software tools and technologies.
- Ability to work in a team setting, under deadlines and time constraints.
- Ability to work with a high degree of self-direction and motivation.
- Strong communication and time management skills.
- Able to prioritize and multi-task.
- Creative nature with strong problem solving skills.
- Game experience preferred.
- Advanced skills in one or more of the standard industry 3D packages essential. Knowledge of 3DS Max an advantage.
- Superior 2D and 3D art skills.
- Expertise in 3ds Max, Photoshop, or other technologies utilized in the production of game art.
- Strong technical background with ability to grasp new programs and systems quickly.
Rockstar offers a competitive salary, benefits package and a great modern working environment. We are located directly on the Go-Train line for easy commuting.
Please submit your resume, cover letter and portfolio link.