Rockstar San Diego
Rockstar New England
RAGE Technology Group
RAGE Technology Group
The RAGE team is Rockstar's central technology group, located as part of the Rockstar San Diego studio. The team develops and supports the engine libraries and tools for graphics, physics, animation, networking, AI, character behaviors, core systems and other technologies that are used across Rockstar for Xbox 360, Playstation 3 and PC titles. The RAGE engine drives games such as Red Dead Redemption, Max Payne 3, and GTA V. RAGE team members work closely with game teams to integrate new technologies as well as evangelize best practices and process in using those technologies across Rockstars studios. Rockstar is looking at future needs and expansion of its RAGE engine and team by leveraging proven technologies created in our games as well as making key feature and optimization enhancements within all of its subsystems. Come make a difference and join the most talented and committed engine team in the industry!
RAGE is looking for an energetic programmer to help increase the features and capabilities of our networking technologies. We are looking for someone who is not afraid of new challenges and wants to work on a technology team and company that is focused on redefining what a multiplayer gaming experience can be.
- Extend and maintain core and mid-level solutions for efficient networking of complex open-world game environments.
- Work with the game project team to integrate RAGE networking technology into game projects, identify extensions to that technology, and create those improvements.
- Implement cross-platform abstractions for third-party online services, including Xbox Live and Sony NP.
- Work with external vendors to develop solutions using and/or extending their online service SDKs.
- Excellent C/C++ programming skills.
- Good "can do" attitude with a service oriented personality.
- Direct experience coding networking systems and solving networking problems.
- Being versatile and regularly proving a readiness to tackle new challenges.
- A passion for playing and making games!
- Experience building networked implementations for complex game systems, including AI, physical simulation, object management, etc.
- At least one shipped console or PC title; preferably on the Xbox 360 and/ or the Playstation 3 console.
- Familiarity with networking systems and their components including: DNS, NAT, firewalls, security methods, peer-to-peer and client server models.
- Experience with online game service APIs, particularly Xbox Live, Sony NP, and Games for Windows Live.
- Experience building robust, scalable backend systems and tuning those systems for performance and reliability.
- Database design and administration experience.