Rockstar San Diego
Rockstar New England
RAGE Technology Group
Rockstar New England
Rockstar New England is looking for a talented Systems Administrator to help support and maintain day-to-day IT operations for Rockstar NE. The role will be focused on the needs of in-house IT operations, the related systems, and any associated development projects that come through the studio.
Applicants must be highly motivated and organized, able to work as part of a team, while also possessing the ability to work without direct and constant supervision, who is self - motivated & creative minded enough, to delve into self - directed projects, during down times.
- Manage point of escalation for Tier1 technical issues with Windows, Mac OS, and Linux based desktops and servers for local studio, working with global Engineering team to escalate issues as needed.
- Assist with day to day technical support covering local and distributed development projects.
- Ensure product development teams have near 100% uptime for development work.
- Maintain technical documents covering operation, design and inventory of studio network.
- 3+ years’ experience with Windows Servers including related technologies and standards like: DHCP, DNS, DFS, LDAP, IPSEC, CIFS, SMB, etc.
- 3+ years’ experience working with end users: deploying workstations troubleshooting technical problems, etc.
- Extensive hands-on experience putting together and maintaining PCs.
- Knowledge of version control systems such as Perforce.
- Ability to demonstrate initiative regarding IT projects.
- Knowledge of scripting languages.
- Ability to create and maintain technical documentation from the beginning of a project through completion.
- Ability to work flexible hours, occasionally rotating shifts as necessary, working weekends, or working off hours, traveling as needed.
- Dedication, teamwork and professionalism.
- Positive, outgoing personality with the ability to handle high pressure situations.
- Knowledge and familiarity with the network layer model including management of vendor specific devices such as Cisco.
- Knowledge of current PC trends, particularly with regards to cutting edge graphics cards.
- Experience with VMware, Equallogic, Perforce is a plus.
- Knowledge of or experience with game development systems is advantageous.