Rockstar San Diego
Rockstar New England
RAGE Technology Group
RAGE Technology Group
Sr. Generalist Programmer
The RAGE team is Rockstar's central technology group, which is part of the Rockstar San Diego studio. The team develops and supports the engine libraries and tools for graphics, physics, animation, networking, AI, character behaviors, core systems and other technologies that are used across Rockstar for Xbox 360, Playstation 3 and PC titles.
The RAGE engine drives all Rockstar games, including Max Payne, Red Dead Redemption, and GTA V. RAGE team members work closely with game teams to integrate new technologies as well as evangelize best practices and process in using those technologies across Rockstars studios. Rockstar is looking at future needs and expansion of its RAGE engine and team by leveraging proven technologies created in our games as well as making key feature and optimization enhancements within all of its subsystems.
RAGE is looking for an enthusiastic and flexible programmer to help support our game projects and their use of our RAGE technologies around the world. We are looking for someone who is agile, ready to travel, not afraid of new challenges and wants to work on a technology team and company that is focused on redefining the video game experience.
- Become familiar with code across all of the RAGE susbsystems to provide initial support with the game projects.
- Maintain, support and optimize code in RAGE and assist in its practical application with the game projects.
- Work closely with the game project teams both onsite and offsite across all of Rockstars worldwide studios to assist in integrating and extending the RAGE engine.
- Excellent C/C++ programming skills.
- Good "can do" attitude with a service oriented personality.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Being versatile and regularly proving a readiness to tackle new challenges.
- A passion for playing and making games!
- At least one shipped console or PC title; preferably on the Xbox 360 and/ or the Playstation 3 console.
- Experience with other middleware packages used in game development.
- Experience optimizing both performance factors and memory footprints using hardware and software profilers (PIX, GCM Replay, Tuner, Vtune, etc.).