Rockstar San Diego
Rockstar New England
RAGE Technology Group
Rockstar San Diego
Cutscene Layout Artist
We are looking for creative and talented Layout Artists to join our Cutscene Group. Layout Artists stage and block the motion capture and characters in virtual environments through a combination of skills both artistic and technical. A central component of the cutscene story telling process is the work done in Layout. Layout transforms the raw cutscene elements and assets into the scenes that will immerse the player in the storyline as they play the game.
In this role, the Layout Artist will be responsible for….
- Executing the staging and blocking work that makes up the foundation of a successful shot and sequence of shots throughout a cutscene
- Producing work (shots) in a fast-paced, CG environment using Motion Builder, 3D Max and a suite of proprietary software
- Integration of motion capture performances along with other required scene elements such as cameras, characters, props, audio and VFX.
- Integration of face animation assets into cutscenes
- Understanding the pipeline and uses this understanding to implement assets into the game.
- The ability to meet project deadlines/milestones, as set by Production
- Understanding how the game engine interacts with the different consoles and makes decisions based on that understanding
- Self-Starter. Completes work with a high level of production values with nominal supervision.
- Pro-actively communicates status of assignments and any issues
- Preferred 3-year degree with an emphasis in 3D Art and Animation or equivalent work experience.
- A working knowledge of the principles of cinematic staging, blocking, and camera work
- Candidate needs a core understanding of classic animation principles and familiarity with skeletons and animation and associated deformers
- Working knowledge of 3D Studio Max and Motion Builder.
- Must have demonstrable technical aptitude and strong problem solving skills.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to work iteratively in a fluid and fast-paced environment, take direction easily, and be willing to participate as a member of a highly collaborative team
- Consistently meet project deadlines in a timely manner without compromising artistic integrity.
- Strong interest in video games