Rockstar San Diego
Rockstar New England
Rockstar Toronto is seeking a Gameplay Designer. The ideal candidate will have deep experience working with physics-based, procedural animation technology in video games. A background working with weapon design and destructible environments is highly desired.
- Tune and maintain game systems that involve physical impact reactions against characters using physics and AI driven behaviors.
- Tune weapon feel through controller input and camera movement and proactively chase down tasks needed for improvement.
- Collaborate with a game engine or programming team, using the pipeline and workflow required for building data.
- Work with Lead Designers, Animation Directors and Technical Artists to create exceptional AAA gameplay mechanics.
- Display exceptional integrity and understanding of the work; constantly seek ways to improve the efficiency of the workflow, and provide documented feedback to improve in-house tools.
- Work on tasks with clear direction with or without supervision.
- Assist with production coordination.
- Minimum 2 years of professional gaming experience in an AAA studio in both single and multi-player sandbox environments.
- Experience with procedural animation, including ragdoll physics and destructible environments required.
- Weapon and physics tuning experience required.
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited University, or minimum of 2-3 years of relevant working experience required.
- Strong technical knowledge, ability to analyze game code and proactively debug issues is a requirement.
- Advanced knowledge of these industry standard software applications: Unity 4, Visual Studio Express, Photoshop, Microsoft Word/Excel.
- Advanced knowledge of bug tracking programs, and 3D modeling software.
- Strong proficiency in using game engines to tune mechanics working with Programmers and Animators to achieve new levels of quality.
- A detail-obsessed eye for creating and manipulating physical animations and excellent understanding of visual fidelity required to make things feel natural and satisfying.
- An above average understanding of working within a game engine and pipeline.
- A keen understanding of the human form/anatomy and structure/silhouette in respect to hit reactions and impactful animation poses.
- Ability to quality test and debug your own work before involving others.
- Communicating in a clear and concise manner internally and with other studios.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work based on feedback/critiques.
- Candidates must be highly motivated, organized, personable and able to work as part of a team.
- Solid experience taking ownership of game mechanics and pushing them to a level of polish that achieves deep satisfaction for the end user.
- Passionate about your work and willing to wear many different hats in order to achieve the highest level of quality.
- Ability to work within a team; building collaborative relationships and resolving conflicts in a constructive manner.
- Ability to meet or exceed milestone requirements.
- Passion for Rockstar Games and our titles.
- This is a full time, permanent position, located at 586 Argus Road, Oakville, Ontario, L6J 3J3
- We are located on the Go-Train line for easy commuting.
- Dental Benefits
- Disability Benefits
- Life Insurance Benefits
- Medical Benefits
- Vision Care Benefits
- RSP Benefits
- $20 stipend per month towards a gym membership
- A relocation allowance may be available
- Eligible for discretionary incentive bonus