Rockstar San Diego
Rockstar New England
Korean Localisation Tester
We are looking for Korean speakers to join us as Korean Localisation Testers within the Lincoln Quality Assurance team, based in Lincoln, UK. You will be expected to play through our latest games on all platforms, looking for problems and reporting errors, to ensure game quality before release.
- Playing various genres of games across all the different gaming platforms, quickly learning and mastering different styles of game.
- Finding and reproducing bugs, errors or problems in-game. Accurate, detailed and complete reporting and subsequent revision of those errors or problems.
- Proofreading and looking for inconsistencies in context and style throughout large text files – ensuring the Korean language text matches the English.
- Accurately analysing the in-game text to spot problems – including grammar, style, spelling, timings and positioning.
- Suggesting re-translations for any problems that have been found in-game.
- Providing critical analysis and feedback in report form, in a clear and concise way.
- Working closely with the team to share ideas and suggestions.
- Participating in a close-knit & friendly atmosphere.
- Excellent language ability in Korean (written/spoken).
- A keen interest in, and experience with video games.
- A good level of spoken & written English.
- The ability to work well under pressure and to strict deadlines.
- Self-motivation and a proactive attitude.
- The motivation to achieve targets.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- The ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels.
- The ability to multitask.
- The ability to quickly adapt to different gaming platforms and game genres.
- The ability to become quickly accustomed to various in-house software systems.
- The ability to work productively and collaboratively within a team environment, and respect others' opinions.
- The ability to remain focussed when approaching repetitive tasks.
- Flexibility regarding unsociable and extended working hours to meet the demands of the role.
- An aptitude for and a keen interest in languages and translation.
- GBP 15500 - 22000 Annual salary
- Please provide us with details about your legal right to work in the UK. Please state in your application the basis of your legal right to work in the UK e.g. citizenship, residency or work permit.
- If you have a work permit, provide details of your nationality, the issue date of your visa and the expiration date. If you are short listed for interview, you will be asked to provide documentation in support of your legal right to work in the UK.
- Closing date 23/03/2015.