Rockstar San Diego
Rockstar New England
Rockstar San Diego
Rockstar San Diego is seeking a graphics programmer to help breathe life, realism and fun into our next-generation games. This is an exciting opportunity to develop cutting-edge graphics and visual effect systems, working together with the art department to create optimal, attractive solutions for our games. Interested applicants should possess an excellent grounding in graphics theory, good math skills, an eye for detail and a natural ability to communicate as part of a creative team.
- Develop new and enhance existing graphics technologies (rendering, lighting, shadows, shaders, culling, scene management and others) to help achieve state-of-the-art visuals.
- Work closely with the rest of the programming team to assist in integrating graphics technologies into the game projects, identify extensions to that technology, and help create those improvements.
- Work with others to expand our next-generation graphics pipeline including advanced lighting and rendering techniques, and special effects.
- Help evangelize and facilitate the sharing of successful graphics approaches from the game projects across Rockstar's studios.
- Excellent C/C++ programming skills.
- Excellent HLSL and Cg programming skills.
- Experience with 3D graphics APIs (Direct3D 11+, vendor specific and/or OpenGL).
- Being versatile and regularly proving a readiness to tackle new challenges.
- Ability to work with artists, designers, and other content creators to make sure they can get the most out of the technology.
- Passionate about playing and making games!
- At least one shipped console or PC title; preferably on the Xbox and/or Playstation consoles.
- Experience in identifying bottlenecks and optimizing existing / future rendering code.
- Significant knowledge of how to program the vertex and pixel shader hardware units.
- Knowledgeable in variety of special FX techniques.
- Experience with multithreaded programming.
- Ability to debug engine level code.
- Experience optimizing both performance factors and memory footprints using hardware and software profilers (PIX, GCM Replay, Tuner, Vtune, etc.).
- Ability to research existing approaches and adapt those to new or modified uses.