Rockstar San Diego
Rockstar New England
Rockstar San Diego
Rockstar San Diego is seeking a graphics programmer to help breathe life, realism and fun into our next-generation games. This is an exciting opportunity to develop cutting-edge graphics and visual effect systems, working together with the art department to create optimal, attractive solutions for our games. Interested applicants should possess a good grounding in graphics theory, excellent math skills, an eye for detail and a natural ability to communicate as part of a creative team.
- Develop new and enhance existing graphics technologies (rendering, lighting, shadows, shaders, culling, scene management and others) to help achieve state-of-the-art visuals.
- Work closely with the game project teams to assist in integrating graphics technologies into the game projects, identify extensions to that technology, and help create those improvements.
- Work with others to create our next-generation graphics pipeline that includes full shader support, advanced lighting/rendering techniques, and special effects.
- Help evangelize and facilitate the sharing of successful graphics approaches from the game projects across Rockstar's studios.
- Excellent C/C++ programming skills.
- Good "can do" attitude with a service oriented personality.
- Excellent HLSL and Cg programming skills.
- Experience with 3D graphics APIs (Direct3D 9+ and/or OpenGL).
- Being versatile and regularly proving a readiness to tackle new challenges.
- Ability to work with artists to make sure they can get the most out of the technology.
- Passionate about playing and making games!
- At least one shipped console or PC title; preferably on the Xbox and/or Playstation consoles.
- Experience in identifying bottlenecks and optimizing existing / future rendering code.
- Significant knowledge of how to program the vertex and pixel shader hardware units.
- Knowledgeable in variety of special FX techniques.
- Experience with multithreaded/SPU programming.
- Ability to debug engine level code.
- Experience optimizing both performance factors and memory footprints using hardware and software profilers (PIX, GCM Replay, Tuner, Vtune, etc.).
- Ability to research existing approaches and adapt those to new or modified uses.