Rockstar San Diego
Rockstar New England
Animation Tools Programmer
Rockstar is currently seeking a highly talented Animation Tools Programmer to specialise in Motionbuilder.
This is an exciting opportunity to work closely with our game development teams, across all animation disciplines, and help drive our animation tools technology forward to support the creation of all of Rockstar Games projects.
The Animation Tools Programmer role will involve developing and maintaining Motionbuilder tools for our advanced character animation systems for large scale games. We’re looking for someone with the skills to iterate with our animation and rigging teams to implement the very best tools for character, camera and facial animation.
- Working within the Tools team on all animation related technology, mainly focused on Motionbuilder and other digital content creators.
- Implementing tasks to specification defined by the Lead Tools programmers.
- A degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or equivalent.
- Experience with Motionbuilder.
- Experience working animators and riggers.
- Excellent C/C++ & Python programming skills.
- Strong math skills.
- Strong team communication skills.
- Ability to work within a team.
- Ability to work within a schedule and deliver effectively to deadlines.
- Games industry experience working on AAA titles.
- Familiarity with inverse kinematics, forward kinematics, animation compression schemes, animation blending and morph targets.