Rockstar San Diego
Rockstar New England
Rockstar San Diego
Rockstar San Diego is seeking an animation programmer to help bring our worlds to life. We are looking for a talented engineer to help us in developing advanced character animation systems for large scale games and create the best possible marriage between our code and animation resources.
The ideal candidate will be have the skills to iterate with our design and animation teams to implement the very best in player movement, AI behavior, and ambient world interaction. You should have a positive attitude, a passion for games and be able to communicate with people as effectively as you do a computer.
- Work with others to create our next generation animation system that includes motion-capture, facial animation, parameterized motion, and procedural animation tools and technologies.
- Develop tools and assist in their use by project animation programmers and content creators.
- Maintain and extend the development of our current character/creature animation systems for Xbox One and Playstation 4.
- Work closely with game project teams at different Rockstar studios to integrate cutting-edge animation technology into games, identify extensions to that technology, and create those improvements.
- Develop and support the connections between the animation, AI and physics systems.
- Excellent C/C++ programming skills.
- 2+ years of professional experience with at least one shipped game title, preferably for Xbox or Playstation consoles.
- Experience in some of the following areas: Motion trees, Animation Blending, Parameterized Animation, IK, Biomechanical Animation.
- Strong math skills, knowledge of vectors, matrices and linear algebra.
- Good "can do" attitude with a service oriented personality.
- Some experience with game characters and solving animation problems with game development.
- A degree in computer science, mathematics, or equivalent.
- Experience with multithreaded/SPU programming.
- Passion for playing and making great games.
- Understanding of the interaction between the player, AI, physics and animation.
- Familiarity with inverse kinematics, forward kinematics, animation compression schemes, animation blending and morph targets.
- Ability to independently develop cutting edge animation technology based latest animation research papers.
- Being versatile and regularly proving a readiness to tackle new challenges.
- Good team communication skills.
- Strong OO design understanding.
- In-depth familiarity of Rockstar products is a massive plus.