Rockstar San Diego
Rockstar New England
Rockstar Games is seeking an experienced web programmer to join our world-class development team in NYC. With the rapid growth of Grand Theft Auto Online, and other long-term Social Club plans, the successful candidate will be working on bleeding edge technology.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about games, eager for new challenges, and ready to continue our legacy of creating the greatest games in the world.
The Rockstar Games Social Club team creates connected experiences throughout all of our game franchises:
- We create online services for our games, including matchmaking, cloud saves, player stats, leaderboards, and more.
- We operate the Social Club, a large and rapidly expanding social network.
- We create companion apps to our games, including second screen experiences on mobile, tablet, and the web.
- We create innovative in-game experiences, including user generated content.
- We support internal business needs with our analytics platform, entitlement platform, anti-cheat and security tools, and customer service tools.
This position will be responsible for:
- Integrating front-end applications primarily with ASP.NET (C#) MVC.
- Web performance optimization.
- Collaboration with other Rockstar technology teams across our worldwide studios.
- 3+ years of professional web development experience.
- Expert in one of C#, .NET, PHP, Python, Ruby or similar.
- Expert HTML/CSS.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Passion for web development.
- Experience with Backbone or similar is desired.
- Knowledge of Agile software development process (particularly Scrum).
- Appreciation of software development best practices.
- Good experience with shared code and use of source control platforms.
- Experience with Perforce and Visual Studio.
- Passion for games (especially Rockstar Games titles).