Rockstar San Diego
Rockstar New England
Rockstar San Diego
Senior Data Engineer - BI & Analytics
As a Senior Data Engineer you will work with analysts, architects and engineers in support of key decision-makers. Your primary role will be architecting and developing structures, data pipelines and ETL processes in support of the design and operation of the core BI Platform and big data systems. You should have prior design, ETL, big data and/or large data set experience. The ideal candidate will have deep familiarity with query and storage optimization methods, a strong understanding of math and statistical analysis, and high aptitude with SQL and ideally additional programming languages such as Java or Python. Experience in the game industry is not required, but a passion for gaming is a huge plus.
- Perform source data analysis as necessary.
- Architect the systems and processes required to collect and analyze data.
- Perform advanced data modeling.
- Design and develop scalable and extensible data pipelines and ETL/ELT frameworks.
- Implement workflow management and error handling with a keen focus on data quality and integrity.
- Provide leadership and guidance to other data engineers, analysts and additional team members.
- 5 years of advanced data modeling experience.
- Advanced SQL skills.
- Experience with at least one or more massive parallel data processing platforms such as Vertica or Hadoop/Hbase is a huge plus.
- 3 or more years of development experience leveraging an ETL/workflow engine such as Pentaho, SSIS, Informatica, Syncsort.
- Solid understanding of relational databases such as MS SQL Server or similar RDBMS.
- Experience in addressing and troubleshooting data quality and data integrity issues.
- Proficiency in one or more of the following Python, Java, C#.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, evolving, growing and dynamic environment.
- Must possess a passion for data management and deriving insights.