Rockstar San Diego
Rockstar New England
Rockstar San Diego
Senior Interior Artist
Rockstar Games is looking for a Senior Interior Artist to grow our Interior Team. The ideal candidate will possess exceptional technical 3D environment skills and the architectural/design knowledge to be able to benchmark interiors with finesse. The successful candidate will bring cohesion to the process of generating interiors - making sure everything from the architectural details, props, set dressing and lighting embody the concepts and art direction of the underlying game.
- As a senior, you will benchmark and raise the bar for environment art throughout our games.
- You should be able to mentor and work well with others within the team, and also work independently and without extensive direction.
- You will help define and request props as well as provide art direction/quality control as needed in order to fulfill set dressing requirements.
- You must be aware of design requirements and technical limitations.
- You will work closely with Art Direction to help develop and implement best approaches to modelling, texturing, dressing and lighting-related tasks.
- You will work closely with Programmers to ensure polygon counts and texture sizes are fully optimized for target platforms while minimizing any impact on artistic integrity of assets.
- You will participate in R&D of new techniques to implement into production pipeline.
- You will proactively seek feedback from Lead Artist, and Creative Directors.
- You will ensure that the artistic style is consistent with the defined visual style for the game.
- 5+ years of post-secondary educational experience in 2D and 3D art production.
- Additional education or professional experience with an emphasis in Architecture or Interior Design a plus.
- Extensive practical 3D experience and skills.
- Proven track record in at least 2 shipped titles (preferably AAA).
- Superior 2D and 3D art skills.
- Possess an in-depth knowledge of cutting edge shader techniques.