Rockstar San Diego
Rockstar New England
Rockstar San Diego
Environment Terrain Artist
Rockstar San Diego is looking for a Terrain Artist to create next-generation worlds for upcoming projects. Strong modelling and texturing skills are a requirement, in addition to the ability to create immersive, living, and fully-realized environments.
- Model, texture, and create collision in 3D for game environments.
- Work within the map department specializing in landscape terrain art.
- Work closely with Programmers to ensure polygon counts and texture sizes are fully optimized for target platforms while minimizing any impact on artistic integrity of assets.
- Participate in R&D of new techniques to implement into production pipeline.
- Proactively seek feedback from Lead Artist and Creative Directors.
- Ensure that artistic style is consistent with defined visual style for the game.
- 2+ years of post-secondary educational experience in 2D and 3D art production.
- Preferably worked on released titles.
- Superior 2D and 3D art skills.
- Should be proficient at modelling natural landscapes of varying terrain.
- Possess a good knowledge of cutting-edge shader techniques.
- Eagerness to learn new software tools and technologies.
- Ability to work in a team setting, under deadlines and time constraints.
- Expertise in 3ds Max, Photoshop, or other technologies utilized in the production of game art.
- Strong technical background with ability to grasp new programs and systems quickly.
- Ability to work with a high degree of self-direction and motivation.
- Strong communication and time management skills.
- Able to prioritize and multi-task.
- Creative nature with strong problem solving skills.
- Game experience preferred.
- Must provide a portfolio through a webpage or other digital media to be considered.
- Experience with Mudbox, Zbrush, World Machine or similar packages is strongly desired.