Rockstar San Diego
Rockstar New England
Application Security Engineer
Rockstar Games is looking for a security professional with experience in all aspects of software security to help Rockstar’s development teams create robust and secure applications. The ideal candidate enjoys dissecting software and is adept at spotting potential security flaws, bugs and exploits. Game industry experience is not a must, but a passion for gaming is a huge plus.
- Create threat models of new applications and features.
- Engage development teams to identify security requirements.
- Provide technical security guidance to developers, team leads and producers.
- Conduct automated and manual security assessments.
- Drive the remediation efforts behind internally and publically-identified vulnerabilities.
- Track trends in the security community and stay abreast of emerging threats.
- BA/BS in computer science or related field.
- 3+ years in a software security or related environment.
- Extensive knowledge of common application vulnerabilities (e.g. OWASP Top 10), attack techniques and remediation tactics/strategies.
- Experience performing security assessments of applications using automated and manual techniques.
- Experience working in Agile development teams.
- Understanding of web services architecture and database systems.
- Proficiency in C++/C#/.NET and PHP preferred.
- Experience in a results oriented, retail driven environment with strict deadlines and ship dates.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.