Rockstar San Diego
Rockstar New England
Rockstar San Diego
Rockstar San Diego is searching for enthusiastic individuals to join our Gameplay team. As part of the team you will be directly involved in creating the end user experience, determining how player input translates to character control, how we go from discrete animations to a movement system that flows, how we bring the world to life.
Reporting to the Lead Programmer, you will be responsible for implementing tasks to specifications. Within the Gameplay team, you will work on a wide range of areas in an established codebase, including:
- Bring our worlds to life by creating believable behaviors and routines for their inhabitants.
- Navigate across varying terrain types, avoiding obstacles efficiently.
- Work on strategies to produce fun and challenging combat encounters.
- Create blend trees that combine animations, which are driven from both player and AI input.
- In conjunction with animators, finely tune and polish systems to produce the best combination of realism and responsiveness.
- Weapon and damage systems.
- Create the illusion of densely populated worlds.
- A degree in computer science, mathematics, or equivalent.
- Minimum of 2 years commercial games programming experience with at least one shipped game title; preferably on the Xbox and/or Playstation consoles.
- Prior experience working with camera, animations, AI, or game physics is ideal.
- Solid C/C++ programming skills.
- Strong math skills, knowledge of vectors, matrices and linear algebra.
- Excellent problem solving ability.
- Good team communication skills.
- Strong OO design understanding.
- Passion for playing and creating cutting edge video game experiences.
- Experience solving complex vehicle AI problems.
- Experience developing player character mechanics in a third-person game.
- In-depth familiarity of Rockstar products is a massive plus.