Rockstar San Diego
Rockstar New England
We’d like to hear from the industry’s most talented Environmental Props Artists! Join our team to create next-generation worlds for some exciting upcoming projects. Strong modelling and texturing skills are required.
As a Props Artist working at Rockstar North, you will be responsible for creating exciting and believable artwork, creating and texturing environmental prop assets for the biggest and best open world environments in the industry. You will have previous experience of working on a large games production and be mindful of memory restrictions and design requirements.
We prize an ability to demonstrate individual design skills; including concept and creation of assets that are both original and yet still keep a look and feel of their specific real-world references.
- Model, texture and create collision in 3D for game environment prop assets.
- Work closely with Programmers and other departments to ensure art assets are fully optimized for target platforms while minimizing any impact on artistic integrity of assets.
- Participate in R&D of new techniques to implement into production pipeline.
- Proactively seek feedback from Lead Artist, Producer and Creative Director.
- Ensures that artistic style is consistent with defined visual style for the game.
- 2+ years of post-secondary educational experience in 2D and 3D art production.
- 3+ years of experience as a 3D artist within the gaming or similar industry.
- Preferably worked on released titles.
- Superior 3D art skills.
- Eagerness to learn new software tools and technologies.
- Possess a good knowledge of cutting edge shader techniques.
- Ability to work in a team setting, under deadlines and time constraints.
- Expertise in 3ds Max, Photoshop, or other technologies utilized in the production of game art.
- Strong technical background with ability to grasp new programs and systems quickly would be advantageous.
- An ability in photography or the willingness to learn is highly desirable.
- Ability to work with a high degree of self-direction and motivation.
- Strong communication and time management skills.
- Able to prioritize and multi-task.
- Creative nature with strong problem solving skills.
- Must provide a portfolio through a webpage or other digital media to be considered.