Rockstar San Diego
Rockstar New England
Rockstar North is seeking an experienced, talented programmer to join our team and focus on camera system development. This role requires a unique combination of strong technical ability and artistic creativity, and offers an exciting opportunity to influence both the look and feel of our games.
- Work alongside AI, animation, camera, and physics programmers to deliver a gameplay experience that is immersive and fun.
- Create dynamic in-game cameras that enhance the cinematic experience and respond intuitively to user input.
- Maintain and evolve a complex data-driven camera system within a large codebase.
- Provide efficient and user-friendly camera authoring tools and interfaces for artists, designers and programmers across several studios.
- 2+ years of commercial programming experience. A background within the games industry is highly desirable, but we will consider exceptional candidates with relevant experience in another field.
- A degree in computer science, engineering, physics, or mathematics.
- Fluency in C/C++.
- Strong mathematical skills, particularly trigonometry and matrix maths.
- High level of motivation and an eye for detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work creatively and professionally within a large multi-studio development team.
- Passion for playing and making video games.
- Familiarity with user experience design would be beneficial.
- Knowledge of the cinematic arts or photography would be a major plus.