Rockstar San Diego
Rockstar New England
Rockstar San Diego
Rockstar San Diego is looking for a networking programmer who specializes in the synchronization of the wide range of gameplay mechanics found in a Rockstar open world game. This position involves extensive collaboration with gameplay programmers and designers, so good communication skills and the desire to work closely with others are a must.
- Integrate dynamic multiplayer into all areas of gameplay.
- Extend and maintain core and mid-level solutions for efficient networking of complex open-world game environments.
- Work with the game project team to integrate networking technology into game projects, identify extensions to that technology, and create those improvements.
- Implement cross-platform abstractions for third-party online services, including Xbox Live and Sony NP.
- Work with external vendors to develop solutions using and/or extending their online service SDKs.
- 3+ years of professional experience with at least one shipped game title; preferably on the Xbox 360 and/ or the Playstation 3 consoles.
- Prior experience synchronizing objects in bandwidth limited situations.
- Experience working with common networking libraries.
- Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or other Science degree.
- Experience building networked implementations for complex game systems, including AI, physical simulation, object management, etc.
- Familiarity with networking systems and their components including: DNS, NAT, firewalls, security methods, peer-to-peer and client server models.
- Experience with online game service APIs, particularly Xbox Live, Sony NP, and Games for Windows Live.
- Experience building robust, scalable backend systems and tuning those systems for performance and reliability.
- Database design and administration experience.
- Strong OO design understanding.
- Desired - Console development experience.
- Desired - Good math, in particular a working knowledge of vectors, quaternions and linear algebra.
- Excellent C/C++ programming skills.
- Good "can do" attitude with a service oriented personality.
- Direct experience coding networking systems and solving networking problems.
- Versatility and regularly proving a readiness to tackle new challenges.
- A passion for playing and making games!