Rockstar San Diego
Rockstar New England
Gameplay Capture Artist
The Gameplay Capture Artist is responsible for taking footage of gameplay for use in trailers and TV campaigns. In essence, this process is a lot like being a cinematographer except inside a virtual 3D game environment. For this position you must be an excellent gamer AND have a cinematic eye. You will be detaching ingame cameras and recording footage. We need someone who loves games, can conceive of and execute the best-looking scenes and shots possible, take specific direction when needed and work as part of a creative team.
- Rapidly master new and unfinished games.
- Work using technologies involved with a game that is in development, including debug features.
- Problem-solve to achieve the best possible results while working within the confines of technology while it is being developed.
- Work with varying levels of supervision and creative direction, ranging from complete autonomy to working with a director to capture a specific requested set of shots.
- Work within a team environment to deliver outstanding still assets.
- Expertise in video game playing.
- A visual aesthetic that can be demonstrated in previous work: in order to be considered you need to be able to demonstrate an ability with a camera, art medium, or some other form of still media.
- An enthusiasm for and extensive knowledge of movies.
- Ability to work as part of a team, including clear communication and a consistently positive attitude.
- A strong work ethic and a desire to get the job done right no matter what.
- Thorough understanding and passion for Rockstar Games.
While no previous photography work experience is specifically required, if you don't have paid experience, you need to have a project with which you can demonstrate what you are capable of. If you do not have work you can attach as a link to a web site, or as part of your cover letter or cv, please do not apply for this position. Only people who are able to supply examples of their photographic/visual aesthetic will be considered. This is an artistic position, so we are required to see examples of your creativity.